Piano Forum

The Complete Piano Works of 15 Composers
Piano Street’s digital sheet music library is constantly growing. With the additions made during the past months, we now offer the complete solo piano works by fifteen of the most famous Classical, Romantic and Impressionist composers in the web’s most pianist friendly user interface. Read more >>

Topic: Performing Mozart  (Read 847 times)

Offline sirvicious

• PS Silver Member
Performing Mozart
on: February 10, 2023, 01:08:03 AM
How should one go about this?

Also, what’s the point of being alive if I’m just going to be isolated and secluded and alone all the time. It’s stupid. I hate this.
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart:
- Top pieces & piano scores to download
- Biography & quotes
- Related forum topics & articles

Online brogers70

• PS Silver Member
Re: Performing Mozart
Reply #1 on: February 10, 2023, 10:51:50 AM
How should one go about this?

Also, what’s the point of being alive if I’m just going to be isolated and secluded and alone all the time. It’s stupid. I hate this.

Hey, I hope you are OK. Your post sounded worrying. If you are really feeling at the end of your rope or that you might hurt yourself you can dial 1-800-273-8255 for the US national suicide prevention hotline. If you are not in the US there are probably similar services in your country.

Offline danesi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: February 10, 2023, 07:44:02 PM
Mozart 4 Life, homie!
In seriousness, try to play Mozart like you are playing a delicate woodwind instrument, or strumming a harp. It should be smooth and playful, but passionate when necessary (like in his Fantasy in D minor). Practice and repetition is completely necessary when playing (like the third movement from his Twelfth Sonata), but try not to over-practice. When you over-practice, your fingers will get tired and lose the delicate touch that Mozart so requires. Also remember that Mozart originally wrote his piano compositions for harpsichord, which uses a completely different mechanic of striking/plucking the string than a piano does. With all this in mind, remember to add your own flair to Mozart, and you should be a-okay!
        Cheers,
               Danesi
Play piano. It is groovy!
Bach-Busoni > Bach-Brahms ;)

Online lelle

• PS Gold Member
Reply #3 on: February 10, 2023, 09:06:52 PM
Also remember that Mozart originally wrote his piano compositions for harpsichord, which uses a completely different mechanic of striking/plucking the string than a piano does.

Did he though? I think the earlier compositions were intended to be playable for harpsichord, but I think his main instrument was the fortepiano.

Offline sjc is the best

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: April 18, 2023, 09:41:11 PM
You should play with joy and charm. Be free, be expressive.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert