Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: CHANGED - August 6th improvisation... Morbid Angel meets Rachmaninov. Sort of.  (Read 2898 times)

Offline Derek

• PS Silver Member
hey everyone, here's a more better improvisation than the last one I had up. yes I know I just made a grammatical error.

https://www.personal.psu.edu/dga112/august62005.mp3

enjoy!

Offline Appenato

• PS Silver Member
(you read this in chat, but thought i'd post it here, too)

derek, really... your recording sounds awesome!!! i can really hear the love affair going on. it's so tender... devoted... strong... beautiful... it's saturated with what you feel about the piano. that's really cool. it sounds like a tribute to your piano.
When music fails to agree to the ear, to soothe the ear the heart and the senses, then it has missed the point. - Maria Callas

Offline Siberian Husky

• PS Silver Member
yeah man..that was loving in a strong, eclusive, and steadfastly way...

8)
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

Offline Barbosa-piano

• PS Silver Member
 Your improvisation sounds great! And I like the soft sound of your piano. It has a very colorful sound, and conforting bass... ;D
Feel free to follow my music blog! themusicalcause.blogspot.com[/url]

Offline Nightscape

• PS Silver Member
Derek, your new piano sounds amazing.  The tone is very rich, and the entire piano sounds very well balanced.  Also the recording job was done very well.

I really like this improvisation.  It felt like I was listening to a mix of Chopin, Schumann, Liszt, and also some Kieth Jarret.  The music has a way of flowing that seems natural and complete.  Your improvisation reminded me of a stream of consciousness - almost as though you are portraying your thoughts through music in a continuous stream.

I wish I could record on such a nice piano!  I'll have to wait till college starts to play on an instrument this nice again.

Offline Derek

• PS Silver Member

Offline jam8086

• PS Silver Member
Great job, Derek!

Morbid Angel \m/ \m/
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert