Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Schumann: Intermezzo from Faschingsschwank aus Wien (Carnaval de Vienne)  (Read 5024 times)

Offline lava

• PS Silver Member

Recently I "discovered" Robert Schumann. I thought he only wrote childish music (excuse my ignorance).

One piece which attracts me a lot from the first time I heared is the Intermezzo from Faschingsschwank aus Wien (Carnaval de Vienne). I believe this music is not frequently recorded or performed but don't understand why. Even my teacher had never heared it before.

The difficulty is just about the level which I can reach as an amateur, but I simply love the energy and expression. It is full of triplets and short dissonants. I just decided to give this incredible music a try for public.

I've played this song much better while practising but I have only one recording.

Unfortunately the quality of recording is not 100% and there are some background sounds of waiters preparing coffee  >:(

Two Chopin études from the same performance can be listened here:
https://www.pianostreet.com/smf/index.php/topic,11726.0.html
and here:
https://www.pianostreet.com/smf/index.php/topic,11721.0.html.

Let me know what you think of this music!

Offline violinist

• PS Silver Member
Gosh such a beautiful piece of work.  I love it.  You're quite an accomplished pianist.  Amateur huh... Wow.  I hope you can record some at home.  I really enjoyed it.
Practice!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert