Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: mozart 3rd  (Read 4882 times)

Offline crazy for ivan moravec

• PS Silver Member
mozart 3rd
on: October 15, 2005, 02:58:24 AM
3rd movt.  :o
Well, keep going.<br />- Martha Argerich

Offline tocca

• PS Silver Member
Re: mozart 3rd
Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 03:06:33 PM
I gave up on this movement myself, i simply don't have the technique to make it justice.  :)

I would love to hear a better (as in less compressed soundfile) recording of this, the MP3 falls a bit short and it's more apparent in this movement than the others, unfortunately.

I do feel a bit of the same as in the second movement, some phrases blend together where i would expect a short "breather". Although part of it might be that the MP3 can't really cope.

You have technique enough to make it sound fun and lively, and not forced (which you all to often hear).

I hope you don't take any of this as criticism, i think you play the whole sonata lovely. Better than some proffesional recordings i've heard. The first movement was brilliant in my view. The 2nd and 3rd might just be rubbing a bit against the way i'm used to hear it.

Please, send in more!

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: October 15, 2005, 03:30:04 PM
i think ur right on the "breather". i simply lack the clarity of my phrases. i'll work on that some more.

thanks!

more power to you.

Offline teresa_b

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: October 15, 2005, 04:39:54 PM
Hi Crazy,

I listened to all 3 movements--You play beautifully!  I am a huge Mozart fan, and IMO, you have a lovely touch for his music. 

Not much critique--I think you might play the 3rd movement a hair (only a hair) slower, but it' really fine as it is.  In the 2nd mvt, the passages with the single RH melody above the Alberti bass--You do more of those slight delays of the RH melody notes than I might, but it's a bit of romanticizing that's Ok, if it feels right to you.

This music is very, very difficult to capture, and you have it.

Wonderful! 
Teresa

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: October 15, 2005, 06:21:32 PM
thank you so much, Teresa! i think i should try a little harder to stop romanticizing the 2nd movement. everyone else in my school said that too.:)

someone also said that my 3rd movement might have sounded a little like Haydn, so yes, i should slow down a bit.
thanks again!
:)

Offline Teddybear

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: October 16, 2005, 09:09:26 AM
Hi there,

It's a good recording, but many places are messy. Maybe you feel that you're in a hurry because what you play is very difficult and fast? It is, but you mustn't be in a hurry. You will notice you have all the time in the world, if you practise a little with a metronome.

T
Teddybear

(>"<)
('(ö,   )")
  '(¥   )/
   ¿.¿.J
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert