Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Khachaturian: Toccata  (Read 9735 times)

Offline Teddybear

• PS Silver Member
Khachaturian: Toccata
on: January 06, 2006, 09:50:58 AM
This is a live recording made in 2004. It's a messy recording, partly because I was scared stiff and even more inexperienced than I am now, partly because it was recorded with a MP3 player in a small chamber music hall.

This is very typical of me: I can play the trickiest parts (the descending sixteenths, the Andante section) mistake-free but otherwise can't concentrate on what I'm doing (here there are several mistakes and even one extra beat when I forgot what to do next). I need to calm down somehow...  :-\
Teddybear

(>"<)
('(ö,   )")
  '(¥   )/
   ¿.¿.J

Offline Teddybear

• PS Silver Member
Re: Khachaturian: Toccata
Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 06:06:00 PM
It's an old recording, but I'd love to hear some criticism. Or good things. Whatever. :)
Teddybear

(>"<)
('(ö,   )")
  '(¥   )/
   ¿.¿.J

Offline Teddybear

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 02:52:52 PM
Wow. Thirty downloads, and everyone hates it. Just kidding. :)
Teddybear

(>"<)
('(ö,   )")
  '(¥   )/
   ¿.¿.J

Offline Dazzer

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 04:13:20 PM
hmmm i think its quite good overall , besides the slight fumbles here and there.

One thing i would like to add is ... lessen up on the rubato in the beginning. the speed should be furious. if anything it should rush a little.

on the contrary, the middle should be less rushed.

For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert