Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Schumann - Soaring op.12  (Read 6883 times)

Offline steinwayargentina

• PS Silver Member
Schumann - Soaring op.12
on: March 23, 2006, 09:52:45 AM
This is my first post in the audition room, listen that was recorded on 2004 on Salon Dorado fo the Teatro Colon in Buenos Aires I will be expecting your opinions.

Offline crazy for ivan moravec

• PS Silver Member
Re: Schumann Soaring op.12
Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 08:41:21 PM
very nice. very musical. i like it although i would do a tiny bit slower tempo, but your tempo fit your temperament very well. congratulations!

too bad the quality of the file is not that good.

do post some more.:)
Well, keep going.<br />- Martha Argerich

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 10:19:49 PM
Thank you C for Ivan Moravec! I enjoyed your schumann too.
I EXPECT SOME MORE OPINIONS OF OTHER PEOPLE!!!

Offline allthumbs

Reply #3 on: March 25, 2006, 03:47:46 AM

I thought you played the piece very well. Very good musicianship and live to boot! Salut!

I agree with Ivan as far as the sound quality goes. It sounded too distant and there was an imbalance between the left and right channels which made it harder to listen to.

Cheers

allthumbs

Sauter Delta (185cm) polished ebony 'Lucy'
Serial # 118 562

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: March 25, 2006, 08:45:51 AM
Thanks allthumbs I think the quality of the audio is not so good because is from a live concert recorded with a camera and later my father extract the audio for a copy of the video. Thats explain the whole thing, but I beleave that the quality is good enough to listen the aproach I do for that piece. Thank you again.

Offline simoncowellforclassical

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: March 25, 2006, 01:35:47 PM
Thanks allthumbs I think the quality of the audio is not so good because is from a live concert recorded with a camera and later my father extract the audio for a copy of the video. Thats explain the whole thing, but I beleave that the quality is good enough to listen the aproach I do for that piece. Thank you again.
ok, nice approach to the piece overall.

Offline klm46

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 01:31:08 PM
Yeah I agree, the tempo is a LITTLE bit too quick for my liking - the chords could be given a little bit more wait.  I liked the flowing section (the second section that is repeated later on), it was really clear, something that my fingers can never do! Also, I think a little more variety in dynamics would help, although this may be because of the sound quality.  Overall, nonetheless, it's a very good performace, extremely musical.

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: March 28, 2006, 12:17:15 AM
Ohh thanks simon al Klm46, I think I was a little anious/nervious before playing and because of that a played that tempo, but certainly I play the piece in that way because of my temperament too, but I think the acustic of the hall is not the most adecuate one for this tempo. I used Rubinstein recording for reference and I recomend it to anybody because I love the naturality that rubinsteinn have to play and to understand the caracter of the music. Dinamics I think are because the recording but I will re-think its. The clarity of the second section is because I studied it Very slowly and whit rotation to 5th finger to separate the two designs, but I tell you its sounds more dificult that realy is. One more time thanks for the coments I hope to listen your recordings too. Best regards. Pablo

Offline hodi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: April 13, 2006, 09:40:25 AM
you absolutley understand the spirit of schumann ;)

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006, 02:00:53 PM
you absolutley understand the spirit of schumann ;)
THAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNKKKKKSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert