Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Tucker's Original Composition "Qliwzm Irxsvb Yvxlnvh Nb Yilgsvi"  (Read 2791 times)

Offline tuckerkao

• PS Silver Member
This piano piece describes how a war was declared on a dynasty and how the democratic group eventually overthrew the bossy king and won the whole territory. The tempo is around 160 quarter notes per minute with lots of running 16th notes. Unlike my previous compositions, this one doesn't sounds like Chopin, Liszt or Rachmaninoff. If you can find something relatable, please tell me.

Offline Graf Zahl

• PS Silver Member
I have to say I Really like that one. Remarkable!  8)

Just one tiny question: Is this a human's playing or a computer?

Offline tuckerkao

• PS Silver Member
It's computer playing. I used Finale 2005 which is a composing software and a Bosendorfer Model 275 plug-in that supports the sound effect.

Offline tuckerkao

• PS Silver Member
A little more detail:

This piano piece starts with a light weight introduction that leads into the flowing basses. In the middle section around the 80th measure, the melodies that carry on by the octave flip-flops refer to the tyrannical temperance of the angry emperor. There are three major upsurges which finally lead into a powerful and solid ending.

Offline instromp

• PS Silver Member
This was a very interesting composition of yours :D...there are many dynamics in there to tend, even if i was to get the notes down, playing all the dynamics would be tough, since they change a lot :P  ;).....
the metranome is my enemy

Offline tuckerkao

• PS Silver Member
hey instromp, truly appreciated your comments and feedback.

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
I like it.  The only thing I would suggest is to try to vary the melodic patterns a bit more because sometimes it sounds a bit "formulaic" for lack of a better word.   Also you could try to expand a melodic fragment, in such a way that the expansion diverges more from the original fragment. 
Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach

Offline tuckerkao

• PS Silver Member
Thanks so much for your feedback quantum, truly appreciated the suggestions.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert