Piano Forum logo
October 21, 2014, 12:31:10 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

WATCH LIVE NOW: Piano Recital with Murray McLachlan

A new piano recital series has been launched in Stockholm this fall. The first recital, with pianist Peter Jablonski took place on September 15 and today, you can hear British pianist Murray McLachlan play live from The Royal Academy of Fine Arts. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brahms Waltz A flat major op.39/15  (Read 2777 times)
dabbler
PS Silver Member

« on: December 11, 2006, 04:42:07 PM »

Any comments welcome. Especially regarding agogics -- did I take too much liberty? You certainly would not enjoy dancing to this any more... On the other hand, when I try to stick to the metrum, all the feeling gets lost. How do you play this one? Well, I look forward to any kind of tips.

Flash mp3 player

* brahms_op39_no15_dec2006.mp3 (3312.31 KB - downloaded 258 times.)
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

piano sheet music of Waltz
dorfmouse
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 02:39:50 PM »

I dance and I think you have kept the dance like quality without it becoming metronomic. It has a sweet tender sound, like a lullaby almost.

"I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."
W.B. Yeats
kartman
PS Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 03:08:29 PM »

Wow, very impressive!
I thought this was just a well-known but boring piece, since it's impossible to put much feeling into the melody line. You showed me that it is actually possible. I never tried to put this much liberty in it. Worked surprisingly well!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: