Piano Forum

Topic: Mozart Fantasy in D minor K. 397  (Read 23272 times)

Offline lazlo

• PS Silver Member
Mozart Fantasy in D minor K. 397
on: December 15, 2006, 05:35:54 AM
Open for comments. I realize its not perfect. But there was no manipulation at all (which will probobly be obvious).

Offline piano121

• PS Silver Member
Re: Mozart Fantasy in D minor K. 397
Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 02:15:02 PM
Thatīs a good performance, a like it. I would just post a few coments, if you like.

Around 1:30. I would like it to have a better crescendo, instead of just starting all too strong.  in the remaining section from this point to 2:00, it would be nice if you could get a little more agitato feel to that. and the same to itīs repetition later on. The cadenzas are briliant, very good job. In the last section, you got it ok, but maibe, a little more dulce here might get it better. I would like to hear more tenderness in there. I think you got it in the very few last bars, but over all, this section is to loud to my taste. Also in the fast parts of the last sections, the alberti bass woul be much more beautifull if you could get it quieter, itīs much to present.

Anyway those are personal coments, you obviously got the notes down very well, you control the piece. I think itīs already a very good recording. Just a few refinements and it might be great. :) Good luck.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert