Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: first recording pianistimo  (Read 2904 times)

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
first recording pianistimo
on: January 08, 2007, 03:18:01 AM
here is my brahms op 118 #2  with strings on my casio privia rx-310.
tell me what you think.  there's a few bloopers - and it's a little slow - but the idea is there. 

Offline jakev2.0

• PS Silver Member
Re: first recording pianistimo
Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 03:36:07 AM
Heh, this is my favorite intermezzo! Nice playing and very even rhythm.  :) I'd prefer to hear it without the strings setting, as the lines would sound clearer and more independent. For instance, starting at around 2:40 (my favorite part of the piece), it's difficult to hear the wonderful bass.  A piano recording would be great, pianistimo.  ;)

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Re: first recording pianistimo
Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 03:51:55 AM
i have to get another pedal - i'm frustrated without a soft pedal.  there's only the damper on this midi keyboard.  i'll try to get another recording without synthesizer.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert