Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: promenade from pics  (Read 2352 times)

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
promenade from pics
on: February 01, 2007, 08:40:15 PM
pictures at an exhibition.  my rendition of the promenade.  i tried to make it bell-like by giving accents here and there not always on the same note or main downbeat.

also, i was attempting - but not very well - to start softly and gradually move louder and louder as though someone were approaching the gate and ending up going through it into the city.  (even if it was only a picture).

Offline rach n bach

• PS Silver Member
Re: promenade from pics
Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 12:02:04 AM
Quite good.  After hearing this piece so many times, it's nice too get someone who plays it differently than everyone else.  Now I would have played it a bit faster... but tempo is really one of those things that each musician to decide for him/herself.

RmB
I'm an optimist... but I don't think it's helping...

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert