Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Danzas Argentinas No 1 Danza del viejos boyero - Ginastera  (Read 2777 times)

Offline electrodoc

• PS Silver Member
I have read a number of comments on various meeage boards that suggest these dances are quite easy. I have found that each of the three dances presents its own difficulties.

This first dance is polytonal (key signature = Cmaj rh, and Dflat in the left. This does not present problems as both fit nicely under the hands. The main problem is the rhythm. I think that I have come fairly close here, but not quite got it.  It sounds too much like triplets insted of 6/8.

Piano = Boston grand (6ft 4ins).
Mics = AKG C1000
Recorded to tape.

The recording is about 18months old and I am thinking of reworking it sometime in the future.