Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Zipoli - Partita in A minor  (Read 2798 times)

Offline pseudo.naivete

• PS Silver Member
Zipoli - Partita in A minor
on: May 21, 2007, 07:04:04 PM
Domenico Zipoli's (1688-1726) 13 variations in A minor, minus the last variation with which I had technical problems. The piece is pretty naturally finished with the second last, though.

Somewhat sloppy and unrhythmic (I'm "beat deaf") at times.
"The kid who swallows the most marbles doesn't grow up to have kids of his own."
--George Carlin

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Re: Zipoli - Partita in A minor
Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 07:25:33 PM
Ohhhh harpsichord :) I love it. I can't comment too much on if you are really "beat deaf" or not, in my opinion you are definitely not :).  I enjoy listening very much. Exactly the right music to get a bit a breath after a straining teaching day. And a beautiful composition too. I anyway like variations in a-minor. They evoke so much in my mind. I love the way how you treat the instrument, it is always very living and natural. And you are playing with fire as well. I'd like of course to listen to the last variation too :) Thank you for posting this!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert