Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Schumann: Album for the Young Soldatenmarsch Op. 68 No. 2  (Read 14314 times)

Offline iumonito

• PS Silver Member
Comments welcome.
Money does not make happiness, but it can buy you a piano.  :)

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Re: Schumann: Album for the Young Soldatenmarsch Op. 68 No. 2
Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 08:58:15 AM
this is my favorite of all schumann's 'album for the young.'  i still like to hear pairing of notes.  i don't know why - but in a lot of schumann's music there seems to be this pairing of notes and ideas.  when EVERY note is staccato - it does sound soldierish -but i'd like to hear one foot and then the other - as one.  you do this slightly at the very beginning - but single notes ever after.  even staccatos can be slightly paired or slurred  with the longer being first.

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Re: Schumann: Album for the Young Soldatenmarsch Op. 68 No. 2
Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 08:48:56 AM
I think you can give it more flavor by outlining the phrase structure a bit more.  Let the lister know when a phrase begins, ends, and what direction it takes.  You may accomplish this with a little more dynamic inflections.  Pianisitimo's suggestions also would support giving more interest in the phrase structure. 
Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert