Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Beethoven Opus 2 no 3 -- second movement  (Read 5400 times)

Offline thalberg

• PS Silver Member
Beethoven Opus 2 no 3 -- second movement
on: July 07, 2007, 07:21:12 PM
Here's the second.

Offline counterpoint

• PS Silver Member
Re: Beethoven Opus 2 no 3 -- second movement
Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 07:57:48 PM
sounds like first movement  ::)  - no, it is the first movement  :D
If it doesn't work - try something different!

Offline thalberg

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 09:16:27 PM
OOOOPS......sorry :-[

Offline counterpoint

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 09:43:20 PM
The sounds you produce are extraordinary! I don't know, if this piano has something special in it, but it sounds soooo beautiful.....!!! And there is such a variety of dynamics in your playing. In some few pianissimo chords, I would like to hear the bass note a bit more - but it's all so detailed and clean and colourful. I'm always asking me: how does he do that? How will his hands and fingers look? Would it be possible to upload a video of your wonderful playing on youtube? I would really, really like to see your hands...  :D
If it doesn't work - try something different!

Offline nasalstein

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 09:48:52 PM
this is great.
very sensitive and heart warming performance.
this is the very  first time i really appreciate beethoven's early sonata.

it'd be so nice if you could start playing again(how about an hour a day?) and post some more for us.

Offline kd

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 11:05:56 PM
Very nice, expressive and beautiful playing, it fully does justice to this wonderful movement.

Before this rendition I would probably say that using so much tempo changes is just taking too much liberties, but you convince me it isn't. You bring the melody out very well, dynamical nuances are observed well, the rests are usually as long as they should be (though I noticed a few slight rhytmical perturbations, like a 1/16 too short, but this isn't much of a disruption anyway).

Just for information - why isn't the LH chord at 2:16 an octave lower? I know that would be not in the range of Beethoven's piano but it seems a very logical solution here.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert