Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Brahms - Intermezzo op. 118 nr. 2  (Read 6894 times)

Offline henry_v

• PS Silver Member
Brahms - Intermezzo op. 118 nr. 2
on: August 02, 2007, 10:03:45 AM

An encore after a recent recital.

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Re: Brahms - Intermezzo op. 118 nr. 2
Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 10:11:11 AM
this is a very difficult piece to pull off (from memory).  kudo's to you!  and, it's very loveable the way you play it.  some of the rhythms in the lh in the middle section seem slightly uneven to me - but it 'speaks' anyways - and that's the important thing.  amazing! 

Offline counterpoint

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 11:27:40 AM
wonderful atmosphere, wonderful phrasing, amazing rhythm and flexibility of tempo, dynamic shading - wow!

It's just perfect for me, you're a great musician!
If it doesn't work - try something different!

Offline el nino

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 12:22:04 PM
great! beauftiful sound,colors,changes of character... the only thing i would suggest to you is to think of the tempo,i would prefer it a little bit faster,then the rubatos will be more expressive. but its just a personal suggestion. i enjoyed your performance really very very much.

Offline hic

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 03:29:15 PM
I agree with el nino. Sometimes it gets a liltle too lingering, just need to move along a little more...otherwise, great dynamics,great feelings, nice job bring out the melody..very nice
workin on:
Liszt Ballade no. 1
Beethoven Pathetique op.13
Rachmaninoff Prelude op31 no11
Bach WTC book I
Ravel concerto in G and 3 others
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert