Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Debussy: Deux Arabesques (Bechstein No. 5796)  (Read 8553 times)

Offline iumonito

• PS Silver Member
Debussy: Deux Arabesques (Bechstein No. 5796)
on: August 03, 2007, 05:23:09 AM
The piano arrived today.  This was me playing it for the first time at home.  The mistakes are all my own, none came with the piano.

Money does not make happiness, but it can buy you a piano.  :)

Offline nyonyo

• PS Silver Member
Re: Debussy: Deux Arabesques (Bechstein No. 5796)
Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 01:28:01 AM
May I know how long have you practiced this piece?

Offline violinist

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 01:58:56 AM
What recording device did you finally get?
Practice!

Offline violinist

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 02:03:02 AM
The recording and piano has such a sweet sound!!!.

I love your interpretations.... wow.  I'm speechless at the moment.  Need to recover from this... whew!
Practice!

Offline iumonito

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 04:29:57 PM
Hi all,

Sorry, I had not seen I had replies!

Thanks for the comments.  V, you are too indulgent with me.  I am glad you enjoyed them.  I envision doing them again this year, maybe youtube them.  This is recorded using an Edirol R-09.  Nice little toy my wife got me for my birthday.

NN, I first read these a million years ago when I was a teenager/pre-teen, what 25 years ago or so?  I finally played them in public for the first time in a mini-recital I played at my church in July 2006, right at the time when I started practicing more seriously again (I earn my living as a lawyer and practice irregularly and only for pleassure).  These recordings were made about the time I posted them in August 2007, so approximately one year after the Debussy recital, having not actively practiced them in the meantime.  I just figured it was fitting music for the instrument.  I have been getting the itch to do the Debussy program again, so I may post them again.  They should come out cleaner and probably I will be able to play them from memory if I practice regularly for a while.
Money does not make happiness, but it can buy you a piano.  :)
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert