Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: "Journey" -- improv  (Read 3617 times)

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
"Journey" -- improv
on: September 14, 2007, 05:11:05 AM
Well, here is something a little new -- maybe a little surprise thrown into the mix  :P.  I titled this "journey" because it seems to represent for me a bit of a journey (no rocket science involved with that  :- ), and whenever I listen to it, it seems to still take me with  :).

Thank you for listening :) :-*.
"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving"  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline goldentone

• PS Silver Member
Re: "Journey" -- improv
Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 06:52:16 PM
After awhile I just closed my eyes and entered in.  When the "surprise"
began, it was like a high-powered shot of entrancement.   :)

For in that sleep of death what dreams may come

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 08:21:03 PM
Journey? I like that :). I love very much the freedom you are giving yourself in this :). Of course I won't reveal the surprise to new listeners :). But I can say that it's really special and I like it very much, I get goose bumps as I listen :).  I don't listen at the moment but I can hear it so distinctly in my mind, it's amazing. I like also the variety of the different parts in it. Just wonderful. And very intense. I like that you say "and whenever I listen to it, it seems to still take me with :)" It's just what I feel.

Offline Derek

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 11:44:58 PM
Sorry, I almost spoiled the surprise with my last post. I liked the surprise! I don't think I've heard anyone do that before with improv!!  :)

Offline debussy symbolism

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 11:56:30 PM
Greetings

m1469 is that you singing there? This may pose an obvious question ::) If it is you that is singing it is beautiful.

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 07:47:17 AM
Greetings

If it is you that is singing it is beautiful.

Lol and what if it was not her? ;D

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 03:29:19 PM
Hello, you guys.  Thanks very much for stopping by, for listening, and for commenting on what you have heard.  Yes, it is me singing, and thank you for your comments about that.  It is a bit of a new thing for me to adding my singing together with my improv.  I don't really know where that will lead nor do I know how much of it I will do, but, something about it feels rather right. 

Cheers !
m1469
"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving"  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert