Piano Forum

Topic: Turina Op 55 Nr 5 - Sacro-monte  (Read 5037 times)

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Turina Op 55 Nr 5 - Sacro-monte
on: September 20, 2007, 09:24:23 PM
I felt like recording some miniatures. 

This is "Sacro-monte" from the first collection of Danses Gitanes.
Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Re: Turina Op 55 Nr 5
Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 09:29:03 PM
Very cool, I like Spanish music and I like how you play it! :)

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 09:31:45 PM
Thanks. 
Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach

Offline rachfan

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 11:17:28 PM
Hi quantum,

Suggestion: You might want to include the title, "Sacromonte" from Danzas Guitanas, as it provides a bit of description.  Although many are familiar with Granados, Albeniz and da Falla, Turina is probably not quite as well known.  You did such a wonderful job with the piece that I believe some will want to find the sheetmusic and learn it.

I believe your performance of this piece is truly excellent!  Your playing features meticulous accuracy, clean articulation, contrasting touch, and you bring out all the extraordinary colors through your attention to dynamic contrasts.  Best of all, you capture the idiom of Spanish dance so well.  Great job!!  I loved listening to your recording. 

Interpreting music means exploring the promise of the potential of possibilities.

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 06:14:18 AM
Thanks rachfan.  I shall heed your advice.  ;)

For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert