Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Original Swiss Cuckoo Clock Whistle. For Thalbergmad.  (Read 4356 times)

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Original Swiss Cuckoo Clock Whistle. For Thalbergmad.
on: October 05, 2007, 07:06:35 PM
See Thal, this is especially whistled for you. Just through my folded hands. I learned that from my mom. Do you think that this is attractive for prospective girlfriends in the SCCCA (Swiss Cuckoo Clock Collector's Association) ? :-\  ;D

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Re: Original Swiss Cuckoo Clock Whistle. For Thalbergmad.
Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 07:20:34 PM
Damned clever
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 07:27:38 PM
Damned clever

Thank you :) So you think I have a chance?  ;D

Offline opus57

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 07:34:13 PM
Humm, I'm a bit confused. Why for godness sake are you guys talking about Swiss cuckoo clock whistles? Is there a deeper meaning in it? Please help...
Please click here...[/url]

Though you can do what you want, you can't want what you want. (indeed a very confusing truth)

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 07:39:16 PM
Humm, I'm a bit confused. Why for godness sake are you guys talking about Swiss cuckoo clock whistles? Is there a deeper meaning in it? Please help...

It's *very deep* :o Just for the initiated. No unbidden spirit will ever be allowed to get this without preparation. The preparation you will find here

https://www.pianostreet.com/smf/index.php/topic,27063.msg311170.html#msg311170

;D

Offline opus57

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 07:46:07 PM
Very poetic, thank you. So I'm standing in front of a new mystery of mankind: How can somebody drift away from anorexy to a cuckoo clock? But I suppose I will solve this mystery when I get older and more mature  ;D

Though you can do what you want, you can't want what you want. (indeed a very confusing truth)

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 08:50:46 PM
Very poetic, thank you. So I'm standing in front of a new mystery of mankind: How can somebody drift away from anorexy to a cuckoo clock? But I suppose I will solve this mystery when I get older and more mature  ;D

Yes. One has to be *very mature* to get the mysteries of pianostreet's off topic talk :o  ;D

Offline opus57

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 08:53:09 PM
So you are "very mature"?  ;D ;D ;D

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: October 05, 2007, 09:01:04 PM
So you are "very mature"?  ;D ;D ;D

Of course :o

*Tries to give himself the attitude of a weathered pianostreet veteran who plays on yellowish ivory keys and has eyes like a piano keyboard*

Offline pianogeek_cz

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9 on: October 05, 2007, 10:00:33 PM
What, you press them in a specific secret order and they weep Fur Elise at you? ;D
Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz (Without cunning a nation shall fall,  Salvation Come By Many Good Counsels)

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10 on: October 05, 2007, 10:16:00 PM
What, you press them in a specific secret order and they weep Fur Elise at you? ;D

Good idea, I'll try Für Elise tomorrow, if I have time ;D But...only the first 9 notes. Otherwise it gets straining :P

Offline opus57

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11 on: October 07, 2007, 11:43:42 AM
That wouldn't be nice... I've never heard that man can be strained because of weeping a piano piece... I didn't know that this is possible ;)

And may I ask you a question of tecjnical nature? Are is is possible to weep chords an several voices? In "Für Elise" his shouldn't be the main problem but I think if you want to weep something like the "Waldstein" you might got some small difficulties...

But I look forward for your development from a pianist to a professional weeper of classical music :D

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #12 on: October 07, 2007, 01:29:27 PM
That wouldn't be nice... I've never heard that man can be strained because of weeping a piano piece... I didn't know that this is possible ;)

And may I ask you a question of tecjnical nature? Are is is possible to weep chords an several voices? In "Für Elise" his shouldn't be the main problem but I think if you want to weep something like the "Waldstein" you might got some small difficulties...

But I look forward for your development from a pianist to a professional weeper of classical music :D

;D ;D ;D Lol I weep ( :'( ) because I have no time to whistle ;D ;D

Btw whistling has maybe certain advantages if you want to do the glissandi in the last Mvt of "Waldstein" ;)

Offline opus57

• PS Silver Member
Reply #13 on: October 07, 2007, 01:48:38 PM
Well, I see. But you could combine weeping and whistling and so you would have 3 voices: left eye, right eye and the whistling  :D

For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert