Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Bach - English Suite #2 in a-minor  (Read 5362 times)

Offline hwangs

• PS Silver Member
Bach - English Suite #2 in a-minor
on: December 31, 2007, 05:17:42 AM
Comments are welcome  :)

This was a live recording of a recital that I did two months ago & also my first upload of a recording here! Happy listening & Happy New Years (soon)!

Offline r_

• PS Silver Member
Re: Bach - English Suite #2 in a-minor
Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 07:32:28 PM
i like Bach´s music, and i enjoyed listening to your performance.

:)

Offline hwangs

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 12:57:40 AM
thanks! glad you enjoyed it

Offline counterpoint

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 08:52:15 PM
hwangs, you got a new fan  :)

I'm amazed about your feeling for rhythm, articulation,  accentuation and the appropriate tempo. Then about your cool expressiveness in the slower movements, which is really exceptional. The total lack of mechanical playing and aggressiveness  helps to get a feel of pure joy when listening   :)

If it doesn't work - try something different!

Offline thalberg

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 10:40:09 AM
Hwangs, I liked this a lot.  Throughout all the movements (except the prelude) you added ornaments that were creative and delightful, always in good taste.  I especially loved your slides in the Bourree.  In the Sarabande, you added a great deal of interest by not making the whole thing legato.  Very interesting phrasing/articulations.  Clear articulation, steady sense of rhythm, very few mistakes for a live performance.  I wish more performers showed your creativeness and originality.

I feel like there were a few tiny places in the prelude where the rhythm was not as tight as it could be, and some of the ornaments in the courante were not as clear as they could have been.  That is my only advice for working on things. 

Great work.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert