Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Bortkiewicz - Elegie in C-sharp major, Op. 46  (Read 3850 times)

Offline cherub_rocker1979

• PS Silver Member
Bortkiewicz - Elegie in C-sharp major, Op. 46
on: February 06, 2008, 08:16:32 PM
One of my favorite Bortkiewicz pieces.

Offline rachfan

• PS Silver Member
Re: Bortkiewicz - Elegie in C-sharp major, Op. 46
Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 10:42:02 PM
Hi cherub-rocker,

Thanks for posting the "Elegie"!  What a gorgeous piece, isn't it?  This Elegie expresses sorrow, but at the same time great hope.  The theme has a noble quality to it too.  I definitely sense a Rachmanioff influence in this one.  You do a great job performing it too--very capable, thoughtful and evocative playing. 

The Edition Peters came to me a few days ago.  At the moment I'm occupied with the Prelude, Op. 33, No. 8, also posted just today by counterpoint.  I hope to get to the Elergie in the near future.

Again, a really fine rendition!
Interpreting music means exploring the promise of the potential of possibilities.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert