Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: ascending - Improvisation  (Read 3255 times)

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
ascending - Improvisation
on: April 04, 2008, 06:11:14 PM
This is dedicated to my beloved girlfriend Marta  :-*

Offline rachfan

• PS Silver Member
Re: ascending - Improvisation
Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 03:06:14 AM
Hi wolfi,

A very nice improvisation!  I think your g/f will greatly enjoy it.  In addition to its ascending figurations, it also features many intriguing modulations and harmonies.  Overall it strikes me as having both a contemporary and romantic sound, which is not always an easy combination to achieve.  I think you have a fine piece there.   :)
Interpreting music means exploring the promise of the potential of possibilities.

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 09:28:19 AM
Thank you rachfan :) Yes indeed, I think my tendency is often to connect contemporary and romantic elements. Sometimes I feel like the "romantic" elements are not strong enough to express what I want, and the pure "dissonance" isn't either, so I search for the combinations.

seicinta

Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 07:34:58 PM
I only can say that I'm so grateful to you and your music and thank you for share it with the world.
I love music too .Marta

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 10:32:36 PM
I only can say that I'm so grateful to you and your music and thank you for share it with the world.
I love music too .Marta

I am so grateful to you, too :) and I am happy that you like this "spring mood" improvisation
 :) Estic sempre amb tu, molts petons,Wolfgang

Offline thierry13

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 01:00:46 AM
my beloved girlfriend Marta

Argerich ?  :o   ;D

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 07:10:58 AM

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 02:44:13 PM
I felt an alteration between the rising motifs and elements of songful poetry.  Your fusion of both romantic and more contemporary sounding subject matter is quite effective in conveying a feeling of rising into the clouds.
Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach

Offline goldentone

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 06:54:31 AM
I like this very much, Wolfi.  8)  :)

It's nice to see you back in here. :)
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert