Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: We Three Kings - Improvisation  (Read 3496 times)

Offline Petter

• PS Silver Member
We Three Kings - Improvisation
on: January 06, 2009, 11:50:12 PM
Saw a disastrous fantasy movie today called something  like "In the land to be king". It inspired me to this...
"A gentleman is someone who knows how to play an accordion, but doesn't." - Al Cohn

Offline bella_brito

• PS Silver Member
Re: We Lame Kings - Improvisation
Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 12:28:17 AM
Very good, Petter!
 :D
Somehow reminds me of Joe Hisaishi soundtracks...
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Petter

• PS Silver Member
Re: We Lame Kings - Improvisation
Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 01:27:02 PM
Very good, Petter!
 :D
Somehow reminds me of Joe Hisaishi soundtracks...

Thanks Bella  :)
"A gentleman is someone who knows how to play an accordion, but doesn't." - Al Cohn

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Re: We Three Kings - Improvisation
Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 02:59:21 AM
Petter,

I really liked this!   ;D   There are parts of it that sound like the salon music of 19th C., then there are parts quite definitely modern.  I liked the continuous flow that persisted throughout. 

Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert