Piano Forum

Lucas Debargue - A Matter of Life or Death
Pianist Lucas Debargue recently recorded the complete piano works of Gabriel Fauré on the Opus 102, a very special grand piano by Stephen Paulello. Eric Schoones from the German/Dutch magazine PIANIST had a conversation with him. Read more >>

Topic: IMPROVISATION #1  (Read 3570 times)

Offline will_danielsfff

• PS Silver Member
IMPROVISATION #1
on: January 15, 2009, 11:06:07 PM
This is my first post and first uploaded improvisation of many more to come. I will eventually upload recordings of classical repertoire as well. Enjoyyyyyyyyyyy

This was actually the first of three improvisations i did in one sitting (the other two are posted as IMPROVISATION #2 and IMPROVISATION #3). They are pseudo portraits of my Dad, Mom, and sister Rebekah.. just because they came to mind first O__o. This particular one: Dad.

Comment, critique, respond, i appreciate allll that.  ;D

Offline goldentone

• PS Silver Member
Re: IMPROVISATION #1
Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 07:29:53 AM
I really enjoyed your playing, but I almost stopped listening a few times because of the irritating commotion by the mic.  I hope you remedy that. 
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come

Offline will_danielsfff

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 04:20:20 PM
I really enjoyed your playing, but I almost stopped listening a few times because of the irritating commotion by the mic.  I hope you remedy that. 

Haha thanks for your input. yeah it's actually a handheld recorder with a built in mic and i usually have it in my pocket which causes the loud russling sounds. definitely gonna look for a better place for it.

Offline lontano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 10:42:41 PM
Haha thanks for your input. yeah it's actually a handheld recorder with a built in mic and i usually have it in my pocket which causes the loud russling sounds. definitely gonna look for a better place for it.

Ha! At first I thought it was an improvisation in the form of Musique-Contrete ;D

But once the piano appeared I understood and enjoyed it. At one time I had numerous improvisations on reel-2-reel, and cassette. Now I have just 4 left on one cassette and I need to learn how transfer them to digital form. :'(
...and she disappeared from view while playing the Agatha Christie Fugue...
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert