okay
0 (0%)
good...
1 (33.3%)
fantastic!
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Chopin etude op. 10 no. 3  (Read 5481 times)

Offline njalli

• PS Silver Member
Chopin etude op. 10 no. 3
on: April 17, 2009, 01:32:36 PM
here it is :P Chopin etude op. 10 no. 3

sorry about low quiality.

i know i made about 1-2 mistakes..

PLEASE COMMENT.. or.. or... next sunday you will dissapear

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Re: Chopin etude op. 10 no. 3
Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 09:17:52 PM
There are a lot of things I like very much in your interpretation. Some things are a bit extreme, like the extended rubato in the first part where you prolong the eighth notes  very long, or in the second part from 1:55 where it sounds a bit too dry and staccato for a few seconds. But I like how much feeling you communicate with the music.

In the slower parts I would emphasize the melody more and keep the accompaniment in the background.

Well I can't relate to the rating thing because I think you are working very seriously on this piece and no one of the ratings fits really. Keep up the good work!

Offline anne126

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 11:59:49 PM
I noticed quite a lot of lagging in the beginning. Play it and count the beats for each measure while you play. One, two. One, two. 

On Measure 7 there is a crescendo which must continue and be maintained (in order to play the stretto properly and give it colour) until the E major "tension" chord, and then you can "come down" into the repeat.

I do wish you had played the first forte con forza! The first forte must be played forte. That is a very hopeful chord, and it would be better to build up to it more. Each chord in Measure 17 should increase in volume, gradually. And if you really play it forte, it allows more space for the following diminished measures, and you will hear more sonority and lightness in those, which is important. And never play a crescendo after the forte... It sounds like you started playing louder! Each note should be quieter than the last, and the final chord before the "poco pił animato" section should vanish like a spectre and really end what has been played thus far.

It's quite good though so far.

Offline njalli

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 11:54:37 AM
thanks guys.

its better when you critizise instead of saying just 'good' or 'bad.' it helps me improve, in the last 1-2 days since i posted this, i have improved alot. so when im finished with this piece, ill record it again, and post it here :D
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert