Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Improv May 20, 2005  (Read 3478 times)

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Improv May 20, 2005
on: May 20, 2005, 11:26:05 AM
Ok here's my first recording post. 

Improvisation May 20, 2005

So what was I thinking when I recorded this?
Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach

Offline Derek

• PS Silver Member
Re: Improv May 20, 2005
Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 07:49:46 PM
Hi Quantum, it sounds like an FBI agent chasing down a criminal on the run, to me, thats just how I reacted though.  Some of your playing reminds me a bit of some of when Jarrett starts playing in a more dissonant modern style such as late on the Vienna concert.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert