Piano Forum logo
July 29, 2014, 06:48:57 PM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

An Evening with Friedrich Gulda at the Keyboards

In a live recording from the Amerikahaus, Munich, Friedrich Gulda reveals the versatility of his keyboard playing by performing the old master's as well as his own compositions on both clavichord and piano.. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to create *.PDF-sheet music?  (Read 1236 times)
Remon

« on: June 24, 2003, 01:34:04 PM »

Hey!
I am not very good at computers and all that stuff, and I would like to share some of my sheet music with other Internet users. So I would like to know how to turn a real page with music into a PDF-file. (Yes, I've got a scanner Wink)
Thanks!

Remon
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No
Franz_Liszt

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2003, 04:22:45 PM »

Try getting notation software such as Finale, or Noteworthy Composer and transferring it manually.

If I miss a day of practice, I notice it
  If I miss two days, my wife notices it
  If I miss five days the public notices it
                                       -Franz Liszt
debussy_lover
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2003, 10:18:13 PM »

Remon,

If you have the full version of Adobe Acrobat 5.0, you can scan sheet music directly to that program.  Simply choose Acrobat as the program you wish to send the scan to.  

For example, using the HP ScanJet scanning utility, choose Acrobat 5.0 from the drop-down list of programs, and click "scan".  After the scan is complete, Acrobat will open with the page as you scanned it.  You can then edit it a little and save it with whatever name you choose.  If the music you are scanning is longer than one page,simoply save the first page as described above.  Then, return to your scanning utility and scan the next page.  Save that page.  Then open your original file and click on "Insert Pages" in the document menu.  Find the next page's file and open it.

That's all there is to it, but you must have the full version of Acrobat.  You can't do any of this with only the free Acrobat Reader.
Remon

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2003, 02:10:45 PM »

Hey, thanks for your help!  Smiley
Nope, I haven't got the full version of Acrobat or Finale...  :-/
Not yet...

Remon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: