Piano Forum logo
November 26, 2014, 05:08:47 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

The Great Piano Scam

Joyce Hatto was hailed as the greatest British pianist of the 20th Century. After she had died in 2006, however, it came to light that not all was as it seemed. Watch and see how the situation developed. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Picking the lock  (Read 1300 times)
Dazzer
PS Silver Member

« on: September 03, 2005, 03:20:52 PM »

of a grand piano.

anyone got any ideas? Cheesy (they lock the damn piano where i work so i can't use it)

it'd be good if i could lock it when i'm done too. Does all keys work with all pianos? The one there is a yamaha mini grand.
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

Me? A Piano-monkey? I'm not good enough to be one. - Dazzer's thoughts on piano monkeys.
The last recording i did was Etude in A Flat. It would have sounded better in A Hall though.
------------------
jeremyjchilds
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 04:24:38 PM »

If you can find another yamaha key, you're in luck.

I'm a technician, and I have about three different keys on hand that will unlock most pianos if I need to.

Usually there are two styles (at least in canada) the kind with no paddle on the end, and the kind with a paddle on the end...

Good luck

(P.S. I can usually pick the locks with a narrow tipped flat head screwdriver too...)

"He who answers without listening...that is his folly and his shame"    (A very wise person)
Dazzer
PS Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2005, 05:42:16 PM »

yeh i think finding a key is a best option.

or mold one. it seems simple enough. its not like a very complex key. lol.

Me? A Piano-monkey? I'm not good enough to be one. - Dazzer's thoughts on piano monkeys.
The last recording i did was Etude in A Flat. It would have sounded better in A Hall though.
------------------
pianohopper
PS Silver Member

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2005, 08:08:14 PM »

I hate it when they do it.  One time I was at a hotel and they had the cover CLAMP-locked shut.   Cry     Fortunately Steinway Hall was a couple blocks over.  Might you get in trouble, though? -- usually it's locked for a reason.  Depending on where you work, would they want it played?   

"Today's dog in the alley is tomorrow's moo goo gai pan."  ~ Chinese proverb
gorbee natcase
PS Silver Member

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2005, 11:40:48 AM »

If you can borrow the key you can press the impression in to a block of clay and pour yourself another

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)      What ever Bernhard said
Dazzer
PS Silver Member

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2005, 12:18:21 PM »

feels like something out of Thief. hahaha Cheesy

------------------
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: