Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Waiting Room Blues (small improvisation)  (Read 3117 times)

Offline silvaone

• PS Silver Member
Waiting Room Blues (small improvisation)
on: September 30, 2005, 05:04:15 PM
small and ismple improvisation of a little tune I discovered when I first got my piano.... split keyboard using a bass and cymbal in the left hand and piano in the right....

Not sure why waiting room came to mind, but I imagine it being used perhaps in a musical... on stage people in a waiting room lol

enjoy (if you download it... if you dont... your loss!) ;)

- Silva

Offline ted

• PS Silver Member
Re: Waiting Room Blues (small improvisation)
Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 05:59:48 AM
More use of the effective descending bass. Is that a standard blues figure ? I don't know very much about blues. I have quite a few recordings of it and I play and write what I call blues, but it isn't really, it's just a mixture of a few blues characteristics and my own idiosyncratic material.

Keep 'em coming, Silva. They're all good.
"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." - James Joyce

Offline silvaone

• PS Silver Member
Re: Waiting Room Blues (small improvisation)
Reply #2 on: October 01, 2005, 01:45:48 PM
Its basically going down the C blues scale starting on C:

C Bb G Gb F Eb C then up to Eb before going back to the start again

Im not very piano literate so sorry bout the lack of technicality in my explanation :-/

thank you for replying :)

- Silva

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert