Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Mozart Concerto No 21 in C major k. 467  (Read 4890 times)

Offline sirvart

• PS Silver Member
Mozart Concerto No 21 in C major k. 467
on: December 21, 2005, 10:33:10 AM
Does anyone have the candenzia of this concerto (Mozart no. 21)? Other than Winding. It could be Brahms or beethoven or Hummel.

Thank you in advance

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Re: Mozart Concerto No 21 in C major k. 467
Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 01:13:25 PM
a good music library is where you can find the beethoven cadenza.  was looking for another cadenza myself.  murray perahia has played one of his own, ashkenazy, and also, i think casedesus has a beautiful one (i think - for this concerto).  wonder if transcribing them isn't as hard as it seems at first.  at least one gets the idea of what they are doing.  mozart doesn't diverge and expand on things as much as beethoven - so merging beethoven and mozart seems to be a dichotomy.  perahia's are sweet and short.  casedesus heavenly, too.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert