Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Mozart: Sonata in F, K. 332: Allegro  (Read 6528 times)

Offline le_poete_mourant

• PS Silver Member
Mozart: Sonata in F, K. 332: Allegro
on: July 31, 2006, 02:33:24 AM
I recorded this over the weekend, at home, and since I only have a cheap headset mic and my living room isn't really acoustically suited to be a recording studio, it sounded a bit seedy.  I added some reverb to make it a bit smoother and easier listening. 

Boston GP 156 piano. 

Thoughts, comments welcome.  Hope you enjoy. 

-- Poete

Offline piano121

• PS Silver Member
Re: Mozart: Sonata in F, K. 332: Allegro
Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 01:46:09 PM
I enjoyed a lot your recording. Iīve been working on a mozart sonata, and recently recorded it, and I know how dificult it is to get the dinamics and stuff to appear in a cheap mic set. You delivered it beautifully, I like your articulation, Dinamics are nice to. basicaly itīs working all right. The only think I would sugest is in some places whre you can hear to much the acompaniement, to  make it a little more soft, if you like it.  But you shouldnīt listen to me, because its probably because of the mics. You are playing it very well. thanks for sharing!

Nice work! ;)

Offline troglodyte

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 03:56:08 PM
Very nice!! This is one of my favourites - especially the third movement.

It could go a little bit faster and with a little less pedal though perhaps that is a matter of taste.

Offline teresa_b

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 04:41:47 PM
Hi le poete,  (love the nome de plume  ;))

I enjoyed your rendition very much.  I posted my own, as I had a recording (very rare for me to have made one!) just for fun.  I like what you did with the piece.  In answer to your trill question, I think I really decided based on what "felt" OK to me.  I am forgetting exactly how you did the ones you mention (I should listen again)--but I have heard them done starting on the auxiliary note or not--and it sounds fine either way to my ear. 

Keep up the nice work!
Teresa

Offline le_poete_mourant

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 12:55:50 PM

It could go a little bit faster [...] though perhaps that is a matter of taste.

I suppose it is taste; I feel that if it is played too fast, the "woodwind" section at the beginning will be rushed and not allowed to breathe.  I'm guessing I was playing between 110 and 120 bpm = quarter note, which seems to qualify for allegro, but yes, it could go faster without pushing it. 

Hi le poete,  (love the nome de plume  Wink)

"Le poete mourant" is the name of a piece by Louis Moreau Gottschalk, which translates out to "the dying poet."  It's one of his better-known pieces, although I prefer L'Union. 
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert