Piano Forum logo
April 19, 2014, 11:57:59 AM *
Welcome Guest!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest with limited access.
If you join our community, you will be able to access member-only sections and features.
Registration as a Silver Member is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join us for free here and receive a special welcome gift!
   Forum Home   Help Search  

The New Concept: Scores for All Stages of Learning

On the recent Music Education Expo in London, Piano Street presented a new concept for sheet music publication. Depending on your own level of experience and where you are in the learning process of a particular piece, you may need fingering, pedal markings, practice and performance tips, or perhaps the right opposite - a clean Urtext score. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brahms Waltz A flat major op.39/15  (Read 2370 times)
dabbler
PS Silver Member

« on: December 11, 2006, 04:42:07 PM »

Any comments welcome. Especially regarding agogics -- did I take too much liberty? You certainly would not enjoy dancing to this any more... On the other hand, when I try to stick to the metrum, all the feeling gets lost. How do you play this one? Well, I look forward to any kind of tips.

Flash mp3 player

* brahms_op39_no15_dec2006.mp3 (3312.31 KB - downloaded 244 times.)
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

piano sheet music of Waltz
dorfmouse
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 02:39:50 PM »

I dance and I think you have kept the dance like quality without it becoming metronomic. It has a sweet tender sound, like a lullaby almost.

"I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."
W.B. Yeats
kartman
PS Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 03:08:29 PM »

Wow, very impressive!
I thought this was just a well-known but boring piece, since it's impossible to put much feeling into the melody line. You showed me that it is actually possible. I never tried to put this much liberty in it. Worked surprisingly well!

The New Concept: Scores for All Stages of Learning

On the recent Music Education Expo in London, Piano Street presented a new concept for sheet music publication. Depending on your own level of experience and where you are in the learning process of a particular piece, you may need fingering, pedal markings, practice and performance tips, or perhaps the right opposite - a clean Urtext score. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: