Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Improvisation, December 9, 2006, 5 minute excerpt  (Read 2963 times)

Offline Derek

• PS Silver Member
Improvisation, December 9, 2006, 5 minute excerpt
on: January 06, 2007, 03:39:56 PM
Here's a shorter excerpt from one of my half hour tapestries.

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Re: Improvisation, December 9, 2006, 5 minute excerpt
Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 04:30:47 PM
I like the contrast between spooky basses and brighter trebles in the beginning. I would like to hear more of that patterns you use at about 20'' It's a nice romantic atmosphere from there. And towards the end you come back to a bit of spookyness again. Nice job!  Btw I feel guilty for criticizing your lengthyness,  :-\ especially because I plan something lengthy too...(but it will take me weeks of editing)

Offline Derek

• PS Silver Member
Re: Improvisation, December 9, 2006, 5 minute excerpt
Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 04:51:17 PM
Thanks for the comments, Pianowolfi! No need to feel guilty, I felt posting a small one might make my improvs more accessible/digestible. I won't stop posting long ones though!  :)

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert