Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: several short improvisations, January 18-20 2007  (Read 3507 times)

Offline Derek

• PS Silver Member
several short improvisations, January 18-20 2007
on: January 21, 2007, 03:53:13 AM
Here's some more improv. enjoy!

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Re: several short improvisations, January 18-20 2007
Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 11:26:47 PM
January X is very good! Great romantic playing! I like the sound of your Roland (I have a Roland Ep 107 e btw). For some reason I even like the sound of this one better than of your other piano, which is astonishing to me because I avoid to play on e-pianos when ever possible.

Well we talked already about the similarity to Rachmaninoff. :)

Also January 20 is very much in that style. Meaty bass arpeggios and cantabile in the middle region. Very enjoyable too! I think your new device definitely supports your playing more than the other :-\ :)

Thank you for sharing!

Offline Derek

• PS Silver Member
Re: several short improvisations, January 18-20 2007
Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 01:02:48 AM
Yeah isn't that weird? I really love our Petrof grand but this digital seems to bring me out more than anything else I've played. Go figure right?  :)

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert