Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: mozart sonata k 332  (Read 17306 times)

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
mozart sonata k 332
on: January 31, 2007, 09:29:50 PM
here it is. ;D

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Re: mozart sonata k 332
Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 09:41:51 PM
adagio.

Offline teresa_b

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 11:38:36 PM
Very nice-- :)  I liked your second movement a little better, as it seemed to flow a bit more freely. 

I would like to hear the first movement a bit faster, a tiny bit less legato  and more "allegro," as it sounds more "andante" to me.  (That is just my personal preference.) Your tempo is a little uneven, and I noticed a skipped beat a few times in the same parallel passage.  But you have a lovely feel for the music!

Where is the 3rd movement?
Teresa

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 11:47:14 PM
ok.  i'll do a take 2 and 3 on these too.  it's been awhile - so i'm kinda fudging here and there.  thanks for your suggestions.  and, i've been practicing the third movement today.  used to have it under my fingers. 

Offline jakev2.0

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 12:45:21 AM
i took the liberty of uploading your 3rd movement pianistimo.  ;D

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 12:51:16 AM
who's playing that?  i love it !!!!!!!!!!  is that glen gould?  i hear him humming.  it's ok though.  i love it lov eit.  AMAZING!  i love it so much.  i'm kissing with my ears.  i never thought i'd like it that fast. 

noone will EVER top that.

Offline jakev2.0

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 12:53:38 AM
heh, yes it is. Gould plays a lot of the Mozart movements terribly anti-musically...but his technique is astonishing.

Offline Mozartian

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 02:40:41 AM
haha wow jake.. :P but WOW you compared pianistimo to gould.. I mean, ok even if it IS his Mozart, still!!! *shocked*

I played this sonata. Such amazingness.

(btw LOL at gould's trying to make the 3rd movement contrapuntal)
[lau] 10:01 pm: like in 10/4 i think those little slurs everywhere are pointless for the music, but I understand if it was for improving technique

Offline teresa_b

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: February 01, 2007, 01:14:56 PM
"Amazingness" is a pretty good term for it.  I don't like this Gould version, and i'm sure pianistimo can play it better.  The speed and technique are amazing, of course, but it sounds like Mozart as interpreted by circus clowns. 

Just for fun, I attached my recording of the 3rd movement, which is admittedly imperfect but at a tempo I much prefer.  I recorded this a few years ago as an application to an amateur piano concert, and I had not polished it that much--and my dog barked in the middle.  But hey, it's all for fun!

Teresa

P.S.  Now, pianistimo, it's your thread, c'mon, let's hear yours!

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9 on: February 01, 2007, 04:28:28 PM
that was beautiful, theresa_b!  how about we leave this one here for the third movement!  hey, we should do this when we don't have time to learn an entire sonata.  each person learn a movement and then put it all together.

(the dog bark was cute!  sounded like he approved your playing, too).

Offline piano121

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10 on: February 01, 2007, 05:59:36 PM
Hi pianistimo! Its lovely. You play Mozart very well. thanks a lot for posting a sonata, as I requested ;D You do a realy great job, playng all those pieces. There are a little flubs, but who cares, anyway? You got a large repertoire.

You mentioned on the other thread you could post more. Yes, do post more. If you have other sonatas, please share it with us. I can´t have enough of Mozart!

Again, you are very sensitive, to Mozart. I would like to listen to your vers of the 3rd movement.

Offline piano121

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11 on: February 01, 2007, 06:05:29 PM
Hi teresa!
I´m wondering why you didn´t post the 3rd movement of k332 when you first posted the 1st mov, months ago. It sounds very good imo.  you got it pretty fast, and acurate. It´s a pitty you got little mistakes in a few spots, otherwise it would be a perfect CD interpretation. Anyway, I´m shure you can get rid of it if you have time to record several takes.
Thanks for sharing it! All your Mozart stuff is fabulous.

(and wait for my 2nd and 3rd mov. of k311, I´m set up to record this weekend! hope it works!)

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #12 on: February 01, 2007, 07:23:25 PM
ok.  piano121 - flattery gets you everywhere.   ;D 

the first half seems ok.  the second breaks down.  (btw, it's digitally speeded up) i mean i can play it fast - but i probably played it about 76 on my midi - and it's hopefully around 92 which my teacher advised.  it's been awhile since i played it.

**ignore some of the appogiaturas that are too fast.  second time i will slow them down.

Offline teresa_b

• PS Silver Member
Reply #13 on: February 02, 2007, 02:45:02 AM
Hi guys,

Thanks for the nice words on my 3rd mvt.  I didn't post the 2nd and 3rd movements with the 1st one before, as I thought they could be better--I did improve them by the time the recital came around, but I just have so little time to make recordings!  I don't have a digital piano or any easy way to do it.  (I had someone record me and put it on a CD for this Mozart--and the concertos were done at the concert live, of course.)

Pianistimo, you really do have a nice feel for Mozart, and your 3rd movement just needs practice again to get it accurate and to tempo.  (It is a difficult piece, I think--tricky!) 

All the best,
Teresa

P.S.  Piano121, I will look for that K311

Offline piano121

• PS Silver Member
Reply #14 on: February 02, 2007, 08:31:56 PM
Yes, I agree with that. You just need a little more practice to get it all right. But guess you used to play it very well. Thanks for posting that. Looking forward for new recordings!
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert