Piano Forum

Topic: Recital.... MOZART K397 Fantasia in D Minor ADDED LINK!  (Read 4227 times)

Offline totallyclassics

• PS Silver Member
Sorry, if you visited this thread and the link was not there!  I just added it!   I don't post often! Still trying to get it all figured out!

This is my FIRST live performance!  I am 41 and  I have been playing for 3 years.  I studied this piece off and on all semester with my teacher.

It is one of my favorite pieces.

I had a few bobbles, and a deer in the headlights moment, but all in all I feel good about this!

PLEASE COMMENT!

https://www.box.net/shared/0tq64x7dh8

Thanks

Offline rlefebvr

• PS Silver Member
Re: Recital.... MOZART K397 Fantasia in D Minor ADDED LINK!
Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 03:59:02 AM
3 Years huh...Having heard my daughter play this for the last year, all I can say is very impressive. This should be a little over your level and you play it with great control and tempo.

Can't wait to here more from you.
Ron Lefebvre

Ron Lefebvre © Copyright. Any reproduction of all or part of this post is sheer stupidity.

Offline totallyclassics

• PS Silver Member
Re: Recital.... MOZART K397 Fantasia in D Minor ADDED LINK!
Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 07:13:32 AM
Thank you so much.   You don't know how wonderful that makes me feel!   I had a frustrating day today with the piano, so this comment came at just the right time!

I can only say that I truly have a passion for music like none other!   I wish I could play 24 hours a day!!  I have had 3 WONDERFUL teachers, my first being the one who stirred the passion and kept it going!  My second 2 have been Professors at a local music college here.   I owe their dedication and patience with me.....apparently I am not young anymore!!  I don't learn as quickly as the little ones!   

I perform better on pieces that I truly FEEL!  I have to work very hard on the technical part!!   It makes it easier if I LOVE the piece I am learning!  Luckily, my teachers have allowed me to choose, and have been honest when they feel a piece is just "not for me" at that time!     

It took me a month to learn the notes, and an entire semester......off and on.....about every other week or 2, of working with it diligently.  My teacher  was wonderful in that she didn't try to change anything I did, or any expression, she just helped me fullfill my intention.  I have great intention, I just haven't learned how to make that known to anyone other than myself yet!!    Last semester was my first semester at the music college.   It  has been a wonderful experience. 

Thank you SO MUCH, again.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert