Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Reflections on muggy weather - Improv suite  (Read 5091 times)

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Reflections on muggy weather - Improv suite
on: July 05, 2007, 03:58:54 AM
It's been raining a bit and the humidity went up to 68% around the piano.  Some notes are playing out of tune. 

There are several movements.  Check back later for the rest, meanwhile here is the first.
Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Re: Reflections on muggy weather - Improv suite
Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 05:50:19 AM
i hear some cole porter chords in there.  very nice harmonies.

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 06:35:07 AM
Thanks Pianistimo.  I used a lot of 7 and 9 chords in there. 

Here is Mvt 2 and 3
Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 06:51:48 AM
Mvt 4, 5 and 6

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 06:56:14 AM
Mvt. 7

Offline Derek

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 10:54:08 PM
 :) Very beautiful quantum.

1st mvt
2:16 : I like how this part is moving
4:09 : liked that little swell there.
4:54 : another nice swell. I'm such a sucker for well timed swells.
5:20 : cool chord sequence
6:18 : this area is cool too

5th mvt
I loved this one, I love the sudden outbursts of dark octave chord melodies. A lot of the harmonies in the right hand were really awesome too.

6th mvt
I like the metric figuration in the middle of the ferocity. cool stuff quantum

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 08:39:26 PM
You know, everything you do has such a specific quality and at the same time it is never like "argh i would like to be able to play this myself"  though of course i *would* like. It seems to come directly from your heart and it speaks directly to my heart, so yeah that is what it's about...And there is a very broad background behind of course.  Like the way you use all the special effects like pizzicato on the strings and all these percussive elements in the second piece, and integrate them in your concept. You are familiar with all the stylistic elements and you use them very competently. I hope very much that a lot of people listen to your music, and also learn a lot from it. :)
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert