Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Franz Liszt Academy  (Read 2519 times)

Offline astroboy

• PS Silver Member
Franz Liszt Academy
on: August 24, 2007, 12:19:03 PM
Has anyone studied at the Liszt academy in Budapest, Hungary? What is is like??

Offline russda_man

• PS Silver Member
Re: Franz Liszt Academy
Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 10:28:11 PM
Has anyone studied at the Liszt academy in Budapest, Hungary? What is is like??
I was going to ask the same question? I am thinking of going there maybe in two years after I have done my PG dip at Royal Northern College of Music, which is brilliant btw.
Russell.

Offline loonbohol

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 04:09:06 AM
I once want to study there
All Hail Kajiura
All Hail Nilsjohan
Welcome to Merville.
Land of Utopia

Offline yungmichoi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 08:22:59 AM
My daughter currently studies at the Franz Liszt Academy in the Preparatory Class.  The level of teaching at the Academy is very high and most teachers speak English and or German in addition to Hungarian. 

Many of the foreign students are Japanese, but there are also some Spaniards, and Italians, Germans, etc.  Large number of foreign students are post graduate students (although not all). 

The historical building is scheduled to undergo a massive renovation starting this summer for 2 years (at least).  During the renovation, the Academy will find alternate facilities, but we imagine not as beautiful nor convenient.   

My daughter's favorite part about the Academy is the naturally worn indentation by the pedals in the Bartok room (the actual class room where Bartok taught!). 

Please let me know if you have any specific questions about the Academy or Budapest.

Offline keymasher

Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 03:20:39 PM
I wanted to bump this thread because I too am beginning to consider this half-baked (already seems like an overstatement) idea.  Any information is appreciated.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert