Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Chopin Nocturne op9 No.1 Does anyone know about the background of the piece??  (Read 2638 times)

Offline dora96

• PS Silver Member
G'day

I am learning this piece  at the moment, To help me to memorize this piece and I also need to write something about this piece. I find that  the left hand is harder to memorize because there is various form to remember and I find that bit confused sometimes. The middle part, how to play without too boring, can anyone advise me about speed where should I increase or decrease?  Some people said to play it more romantic  more dreamy. However, I feel I play it like a  dead warm up. Can anyone advise me? Can anyone give me the background and period about this piece. Why, how and what Chopin wrote this piece. This is the first Nocturne, is there any special from other Nocturne, theme?  Is there any history and story about this song prompted Chopin to compose this piece. Anything I would appreciate very much !!