Piano Forum logo
September 02, 2014, 11:30:09 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Reader Poll: Do you like classical music with jazz influences?

Since the early 20th century, jazz always had a significant impact on classical music and classical pianists. Composers found the rhythms, the blue quality in melody and harmony, as well as the spontaneous improvisation immensely fascinating and irresistibly modern. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: carl ecke pianos  (Read 6085 times)
Tash
PS Silver Member

« on: May 19, 2004, 02:23:24 PM »

hey i have a carl ecke piano and can't say i like it very much and was wondering if anyone knows anything about it? thanks heaps
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

'J'aime presque autant les images que la musique' Debussy
G.Fiore

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 05:33:18 AM »

They were an old firm that made pianos in Berlin between 1860 and 1952. The pianos were of high quality. Yours is likely in great need of rebuiling, which presents a problem since the the cost of rebuilding far outweighs the value of the piano.

George Fiore /aka Curry
 Piano Technician serving the central New Jersey area
Tash
PS Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 09:17:25 AM »

oh wow so they're quite a good brand. yeah it's pretty much falling apart says the tuner- said it'll last me about another 2 years cos something's coming loose or something i don't know... i'll probably just get a new one rather than fix it. actually i think i'm going to turn it into some form of artwork- paint the whole thing!! hehe we'll see...

'J'aime presque autant les images que la musique' Debussy
shalevi
PS Silver Member

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 10:03:43 PM »

I had a carl ecke made in 1862 in Israel in the 1970's. It was so worn out the middle hammer looked like they were cut in a half. But it had a great base. there were also remnants from where you put the candles for light.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: