Piano Forum logo
November 24, 2014, 06:35:30 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Steinway & Sons Announces New Record Label

Steinway & Sons recently announced the launch of its new record label. The first release on this label, Bach On A Steinway, features keyboard masterworks by J. S. Bach as performed by pianist Jeffrey Biegel, whose extensive embellishments and ornaments in a Baroque style give the recording a unique flavor. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: carl ecke pianos  (Read 6223 times)
Tash
PS Silver Member

« on: May 19, 2004, 02:23:24 PM »

hey i have a carl ecke piano and can't say i like it very much and was wondering if anyone knows anything about it? thanks heaps
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

'J'aime presque autant les images que la musique' Debussy
G.Fiore

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 05:33:18 AM »

They were an old firm that made pianos in Berlin between 1860 and 1952. The pianos were of high quality. Yours is likely in great need of rebuiling, which presents a problem since the the cost of rebuilding far outweighs the value of the piano.

George Fiore /aka Curry
 Piano Technician serving the central New Jersey area
Tash
PS Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 09:17:25 AM »

oh wow so they're quite a good brand. yeah it's pretty much falling apart says the tuner- said it'll last me about another 2 years cos something's coming loose or something i don't know... i'll probably just get a new one rather than fix it. actually i think i'm going to turn it into some form of artwork- paint the whole thing!! hehe we'll see...

'J'aime presque autant les images que la musique' Debussy
shalevi
PS Silver Member

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 10:03:43 PM »

I had a carl ecke made in 1862 in Israel in the 1970's. It was so worn out the middle hammer looked like they were cut in a half. But it had a great base. there were also remnants from where you put the candles for light.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: