Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: How are you doing right now ?  (Read 47363 times)

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Re: How are you doing right now ?
Reply #1050 on: January 19, 2013, 08:32:24 AM
Wooden bowtie? Has a picture been posted of it? In that case, I would love to see it!

I am not sure where all the photos of R-4's bowties are, but just look here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=wooden+bowtie&hl=en&tbo=d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=Xln6UOznJIv74QSo8oDgAw&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAA&biw=1366&bih=604

The one with a face is quite cool  ::)

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1051 on: January 19, 2013, 08:34:58 AM
THis  ;D

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1052 on: May 14, 2013, 08:07:20 PM
Communist should reply in two more years.

He missed his opportunity  :(

Today I got a little excited about this Summer for a first time, as I've just had the entire Opera of Hansel and Gretel printed out, and have finally put it into a binder.  It's my first full opera, and I'll be going to Costa Rica for a month!  It's starting to seem more real now.  I will know almost zero people there, and that's a little scary but also exciting to me.  I will also have the opportunity to actually speak Spanish and live in a Spanish-speaking culture, which is very cool, refreshing and seems right!  I've got two roles to learn ... and the entire Opera to know ... get in my belly!!
"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving"  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1053 on: May 14, 2013, 08:27:48 PM
Are you doing it in spanish?  In january, i did it in nagasaki in japanese!  You  singing gretel?

Offline hfmadopter

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1054 on: May 14, 2013, 09:15:25 PM
He missed his opportunity  :(

Today I got a little excited about this Summer for a first time, as I've just had the entire Opera of Hansel and Gretel printed out, and have finally put it into a binder.  It's my first full opera, and I'll be going to Costa Rica for a month!  It's starting to seem more real now.  I will know almost zero people there, and that's a little scary but also exciting to me.  I will also have the opportunity to actually speak Spanish and live in a Spanish-speaking culture, which is very cool, refreshing and seems right!  I've got two roles to learn ... and the entire Opera to know ... get in my belly!!

Exciting !

I'm not doing anything exotic this summer. We are hauling the boat back to Maine again in Late June. Looking forward to tying some artificial flies and doing some fly fishing in the rivers there with my Stepson for one thing ( we go in waders for that and walk the shore as well). Going on the lake in the early morning with my youngest daughter ( 37 yo), who absolutely loves it on the lake just after day break I might add. The wife wants to go off up to the north end of the lake in the boat ( about a 25 mile boat ride at least) and make a kind of picnic day out of it. Maine is all rocky but that end of the lake actually has a sandy beach. We will have the canoe with us for a river run and remote pond exploring.

Just a nice peaceful summer vacation.

Other than that, work till late August when I have a couple of weeks off again.. In two weeks ( late May) I'm off to do some Sea bass fishing in our local salt water bay.  Also this summer I am working on a duet with my 14 yo grand daughter. It will be her first duet, gets to perform that with her old man grand dad along the way. She seems quite excited about that actually.
Depressing the pedal on an out of tune acoustic piano and playing does not result in tonal color control or add interest, it's called obnoxious.

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1055 on: May 15, 2013, 02:41:00 AM
Are you doing it in spanish?  In january, i did it in nagasaki in japanese!  You  singing gretel?

No, we are singing in German.  I am the mother and the witch!  I've done the witch for a scene back when I was doing an Opera in the Schools program several years back.  I think I will enjoy it  ;D.

I feel surprisingly and suddenly more purposed as a singer than I ever have, to have an actual role in a full opera, vs. just learning arias and doing opera scenes (I don't dislike those, but it's been time for this next step).  

Exciting !

I'm not doing anything exotic this summer. We are hauling the boat back to Maine again in Late June. Looking forward to tying some artificial flies and doing some fly fishing in the rivers there with my Stepson for one thing ( we go in waders for that and walk the shore as well). Going on the lake in the early morning with my youngest daughter ( 37 yo), who absolutely loves it on the lake just after day break I might add. The wife wants to go off up to the north end of the lake in the boat ( about a 25 mile boat ride at least) and make a kind of picnic day out of it. Maine is all rocky but that end of the lake actually has a sandy beach. We will have the canoe with us for a river run and remote pond exploring.

Other than that, work till late August when I have a couple of weeks off again.. In two weeks ( late May) I'm off to do some Sea bass fishing in our local salt water bay.  Also this summer I am working on a duet with my 14 yo grand daughter. It will be her first duet, gets to perform that with her old man grand dad along the way. She seems quite excited about that actually.

That sounds really amazing, actually!  Some part of me contemplated the idea of just hanging around town and basically cleaning and organizing the house (and my life!), and doing a bunch of hiking and maybe a trip to the coast.  For several reasons I wasn't sure if it was right for me to go away this summer, but it's seeming right now.  For me it's rather amazing that now I will have been to Europe last summer, visiting Germany, Austria, Italy ... and this Summer I am visiting Costa Rica and I think I will get a real idea of the culture there.  It's as though I am *almost* myself!  I'm not sure what my daily schedule will be like there, but I'm already wondering about finding a piano to steal some time on for serious practice each day.  Hopefully, if I want to make the point to do that, I can find a way.  
"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving"  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1056 on: May 15, 2013, 04:24:30 AM
Exciting !

Other than that, work till late August when I have a couple of weeks off again.. In two weeks ( late May) I'm off to do some Sea bass fishing in our local salt water bay.  Also this summer I am working on a duet with my 14 yo grand daughter. It will be her first duet, gets to perform that with her old man grand dad along the way. She seems quite excited about that actually.
you are neat!  What a fullfilled and satisfying life you lead.  "I'm not doing anything exotic this summer..."  Get out!

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1057 on: May 15, 2013, 04:28:36 AM
No, we are singing in German.  I am the mother and the witch!  I've done the witch for a scene back when I was doing an Opera in the Schools program several years back.  I think I will enjoy it  ;D.

the witch is actually the star of the show and has the best music.  Right on!

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1058 on: May 15, 2013, 09:11:12 PM
the witch is actually the star of the show and has the best music.  Right on!

She better be or I'm not freakin' singing!  BOOM.  ;D  And, actually, the mother has some decent stuff and proportionately kind of a lot for only being in the opening.

Offline lcinba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1059 on: May 28, 2013, 05:06:33 AM
I am tired and upset.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1060 on: May 28, 2013, 06:13:04 AM
She better be or I'm not freakin' singing!  BOOM.  ;D  And, actually, the mother has some decent stuff and proportionately kind of a lot for only being in the opening.
There is a little bit in the finale for the mother.  Do you do quick change after you're pushed in the oven?

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1061 on: June 02, 2013, 07:25:54 AM
For the last two days I've been doing some renovation work...mostly ripping off wallpaper. I really don't like wallpapers, so I decided to paint instead...which means all the old papers have to come off and the walls evened. A lot of work...

Anyway, I haven't been to the piano much, but played a little last night. My fingers felt really funny after spending about 12 hours on the walls :)

Offline oxy60

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1062 on: June 03, 2013, 04:15:24 PM
For the last two days I've been doing some renovation work...mostly ripping off wallpaper. I really don't like wallpapers, so I decided to paint instead...which means all the old papers have to come off and the walls evened. A lot of work...

Anyway, I haven't been to the piano much, but played a little last night. My fingers felt really funny after spending about 12 hours on the walls :)

They will. Give them a day of rest.

Have you folks thawed out yet? Are you ready for that one day of summer?
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."  John Muir  (We all need to get out more.)

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1063 on: June 03, 2013, 06:46:38 PM
They will. Give them a day of rest.

No can do... more walls to work on...although today was mostly painting.

I actually think it's good to use the hands for something else than computer work for a change...

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1064 on: June 04, 2013, 03:01:46 AM
Stuffed full of cherries.   ::)
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline patrickd

• PS Silver Member
Reply #1065 on: June 04, 2013, 03:12:28 AM
Great.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert