Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: How are you doing right now ?  (Read 47388 times)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Re: How are you doing right now ?
Reply #250 on: January 19, 2011, 08:08:49 PM
Thank you Wolfi!  :) I think so too :) which is kinda weird cause I was drawing the spider while I wasn't so very cheery  :-\ Maybe it's like that so that when you aren't so very cheery you look at this spider and it cheers you up!  :) :P  8)

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #251 on: January 20, 2011, 04:02:22 AM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:o :o :o

*Bob has a heart attack at the sight of the spider.*

I hate bugs.  (Bugs as a general term, which includes spiders in this case.)
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline countrymath

• PS Silver Member
Reply #252 on: January 20, 2011, 01:24:18 PM

:D
  • Mozart-Sonata KV310 - A minor

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #253 on: January 20, 2011, 01:24:52 PM
(
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:o :o :o

*Bob has a heart attack at the sight of the spider.*

I hate bugs.  (Bugs as a general term, which includes spiders in this case.)
But you do know that in the house they are an augury of good fortune, don't you?   Never, ever, kill them.   >:(

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #254 on: January 20, 2011, 09:09:36 PM
(But you do know that in the house they are an augury of good fortune, don't you?   Never, ever, kill them.   >:(

Yes Bob! Don't even think about killing a spider cause you'll have bad luck if you do!!!
I mean I'm scared of big spiders too if they're inside, but we just take them out... somewhere where it's safe for them.

A hairy spider for Thal!  :)  :P  8)

Look Bob it's a really nice spider!!!!!!! Just happily hanging above your head smiling at you :) How could you hate this cute spider?  :o  :P  :)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #255 on: January 26, 2011, 08:24:06 PM
Now I'm a little better... cause I wasn't so great this week  :( but whatever... today I had piano lesson finally! cause it seemed like I didn't have a piano lesson for sooo long! And my teacher told me we would have a recital in March... sometime at the beginning of March... but I don't remember exactly when  :-\ I'm not even sure if my teacher told me exactly when or not  :-\ oh well... and she asked me if I would play Sonatina for that recital, and I said I would, cause I really like it.... but I am kinda worried anyway  :-\ but oh well.... and I saw the doggy after a long time... well actually it wasn't so long cause I saw him last week on monday, but usually I see him also on tuseday or on wednesday and then on monday again (but this week we didn't have music theory on monday)........ I know I know noone cares about all this I'm talking too much  ::) and noone will even read it so whatever  ::)  :P

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #256 on: January 26, 2011, 08:49:13 PM
I know I know noone cares about all this

I don't think that is true.

You are much loved in this place.

Thal
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #257 on: January 26, 2011, 08:58:49 PM
Thank you VERY much Thal!! You are sooo nice!  :) Maybe I'll draw some more spiders for you sometime or something  :D  :P  8)

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #258 on: January 26, 2011, 09:14:15 PM
I don't think that is true.

You are much loved in this place.

Thal
I'll second that!

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #259 on: January 26, 2011, 09:47:14 PM
I AM ANGRY

Just checked my latest order from the British Library and there is a page missing  :(

On my previous order there was 7 pages missing :(

Not amused >:(

Thal >:(
Curator/Director

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #260 on: January 27, 2011, 08:19:09 PM
I'll second that!

THANK YOU Birba! :) :) Do you want me to draw something for you too?  :P  :)  8)

Offline countrymath

• PS Silver Member
Reply #261 on: January 28, 2011, 12:07:11 AM
THANK YOU Birba! :) :) Do you want me to draw something for you too?  :P  :)  8)

Can you drawm me? So i can use it as avatar :D

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #262 on: January 28, 2011, 08:13:30 AM
I AM ANGRY

Just checked my latest order from the British Library and there is a page missing  :(

On my previous order there was 7 pages missing
Perhaps they're improving...

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #263 on: January 28, 2011, 08:23:55 AM
Well, that is the positive way of looking at it. However, one missing page of a Potter is as equally frustrating as a rondo of a Wilms.

Let us see what they do with my latest order for a Barker.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #264 on: January 28, 2011, 09:14:59 AM
Well, that is the positive way of looking at it. However, one missing page of a Potter is as equally frustrating as a rondo of a Wilms.

Let us see what they do with my latest order for a Barker.
Probably the same as if you ordered the boy Mozart's K9.

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #265 on: January 28, 2011, 05:44:40 PM
Can you drawm me? So i can use it as avatar :D
Well that's not so easy to draw real people  :) are you the guy who is playing something that looks like pan flute in that video you posted?  :)

Offline countrymath

• PS Silver Member
Reply #266 on: January 29, 2011, 03:17:08 PM
Well that's not so easy to draw real people  :) are you the guy who is playing something that looks like pan flute in that video you posted?  :)

Yes :)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #267 on: February 01, 2011, 09:06:30 PM
Our neighbour is completely crazy again!!! Today she was taking picture of my mum and shouting through her window at 7 am when my mum was going to work!!! She thinks my mum has toys in her bag (or a purse) and that she is selling them at preschool then!!!  ???  ???  ???

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #268 on: February 02, 2011, 04:56:40 AM
I have been working hard on Chopin's Etude Opus 10 No. 1, and the arpeggios are coming along
 smoothly.  This piece I have been working on for 2 years...and I have enjoyed learning
it.  Then, Debussy's First Arabesque is coming together finally! The poly-rhythms are quite enjoyable to play, and I love this piece when I can truly express myself!  
I have been doing a lot of water color paintings, only the 4x6 size, so it doesn't take
as much time to complete one.  I plan to submit 3 paintings for another exhibition in my hometown for April and May.  Oh, I still teach my 5 students and they are a delight!   8)
Yesterday was the day that passed,
Today is the day I live and love,Tomorrow is day of hope and promises...

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #269 on: February 02, 2011, 08:32:04 AM
I wish I could draw  >:(
Curator/Director

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #270 on: February 02, 2011, 08:55:46 AM
I wish I could draw  >:(
If rabbits be the food of love, why don't banjos play music?

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #271 on: February 07, 2011, 12:45:12 AM
haha ... I'm *exhausted* from a week with piano monsty.

*refueling*   ;D :D ;) :) :o 8) :-X :- :-*
"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving"  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #272 on: February 07, 2011, 01:50:36 PM
Well tomorrow is a cultural holiday in Slovenia! It's Prešeren day :)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre%C5%A1eren_Day
so it's school off day tomorrow and also today... but we have music theory today anyway  :-\ well not that that's bad... but I would still rather have piano lesson than music theory  ::) which I don't have, cause I usually have my piano lessons on tuesdays and tomorrow I don't cause it's a holiday.  :-\
But I am going to a concert tomorrow!!!  :P  :)  :P well there won't be any pianos but I think it will be cool anyway  8) It will be a precussion concert and there's also supposed to be a harp and a horn. :) And it says it's for the young (from 5 to 99 years old) and for all the rest who are interested  :) And it's at 10 am, which is kinda funny cause usually concerts are in the evening right?... but maybe that's cause it's for the young  :D  :P  :) Well we'll see tomorrow... I mean hear :)  :P  8)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #273 on: February 07, 2011, 09:19:19 PM
It was cool at music theory!!  8) Well it was kinda funny cause it was only me and one other girl :) noone else showed up! I guess they're all on holidays... and then first we were writing two dictations (one with melody and one with just rhythem, but it wasn't that easy cause it was 6/8 time signature) and I didn't have any mistakes at all!!!  :o I couldn't believe it! and then we were sight singing three exercises... and then we were listening to music!  8) To Beethoven's 6th symphony and to Tchaikovsky's Swan lake and to Vivaldi's Spring! It was cool!  8)  :)  :P

Offline countrymath

• PS Silver Member
Reply #274 on: February 08, 2011, 05:10:34 PM
Harp rulezz  8)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #275 on: February 09, 2011, 02:22:50 PM
Yes the harp was great... well everything was great :)  :P and there were two different harps... one large one and one smaller one celtic harp (that a little girl was playing)... but I wanna play marimba  :D :)  :P It's cool!   8)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #276 on: February 12, 2011, 01:32:24 PM
I'm sick... well I'm better today... and I was at music theory today (we had it on a Saturday because once we didn't have it on a Monday)... and it was great even though I wasn't feeling so well... but the dictation was cool and at the end everyone was still correcting some things and the teacher asked me if I had finished already and I said I guess and she corrected it and I didn't have any mistakes and she said excellent you may go now...  :) and I could go a little earlier because others haven't finished yet... and then I went to see the doggy and I gave him some treats and I wanted to take a picture cause he was so cute but the battery in the camera was too low!  >:( oh well... but that doggy is really cool!  8) And I don't know if I'm really getting better at those dictations or am I just lucky now and I'll get worse again later  :-\

Sorry for not saying anything smart again  :(

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #277 on: February 17, 2011, 08:30:39 PM
Today was snowing sooooooooo much in the morning when I woke up! It was soo cool! And beautiful! I had to take pictures and record it!  :P

(it's just snow recorded through my window at 7 am, nothing so very interesting :) only if you love snow as much as I do! :) I thought my cat would be in a video too, cause she was waiting for her food and meowing but I guess she was too quiet... )  :P  8)  :P

Offline countrymath

• PS Silver Member
Reply #278 on: February 18, 2011, 05:02:06 PM
I love snow.

I hate brazil -.-

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #279 on: February 18, 2011, 06:25:44 PM
:)  :P Oh but don't hate Brazil because of that, I'm sure there are a lot of other cool things in Brazil and you can go on holidays somewhere where there's snow. :)

So we have winter holidays!!!!!!!!!!!  :)  :P  :P But I will have piano lesson next week anyway  :P
I will start learning a new Sonatina (from C. Gurlitt) I will probably play it for my grade 3 exam at the end of the year. My teacher said I will have to play it with a lot of musicality and listen to myself a lot...
Next month I will have my piano lessons really late... in the evening... because I will have school till 4:30 pm on tuesdays ::)

I thought people on the street were kinda weird today  :-\ oh well... and our neighbour was banging on the wall (or ceiling) yesterday and today morning  again ::)  :-\ ... whatever...
We have winter holidays now!!!!!  :)  :P  8)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #280 on: February 18, 2011, 09:30:40 PM
So now I played a piece: Snowflakes Gently Falling (by Dianne Goolkasian Rahbee) and added it to the Snowing video from yesterday... cause I thought it would go well together... :)
So just in case someone would want to look at the snowing video with music  :D  :P well I know probably noone really would but ...

:P

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #281 on: February 19, 2011, 10:04:41 AM
Littletune that was SOOOOO captivating!  Melancholic and wistful.  With just a handful of notes you captured that bleak atmosophere of snow falling outside your window.  You've certainly got a real artist soul inside of you! 

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #282 on: February 19, 2011, 02:03:55 PM
Thank you very much Birba!  :)  :) I'm glad if you liked it!  :)  8)  :)
And I really hope I will learn soon how to show my soul even more and better!!  :)  :P  8)
Thanks!  :) (And say hi to your Jackie!)  :)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #283 on: February 22, 2011, 04:36:19 PM
Oh I just wanted to say... I think someone on youtube thinks I'm fat or autistic or both  :-\ Because someone who has videos about losing weight and autism on their channel has invited me to become friends  :) oh well... I guess I could lose some weight (my mum better not see this  :P ) and it is also true that once one psychologist said that maybe one of the reasons why I'm so weird (well she didn't say it exactly this way :) ) could be that I was a little autistic... so well yes  :)  :P

Oh and I have my recital on March 5th (Saturday)... and that is exactly when there's this thing in my country, kinda like Halloween in America, except it's not :) It's called "Pust" and I think it's meant to scare the winter away so that the spring can begin :) and you dress up in different things... :) so that's exactly when the recital is :) so I'm thinking I would dress up as something :) well at least I'll have something in my hair for sure! :) So that's really cool  8) it should be fun... maybe it will be less scary :)
well but the not so great thing is that the recital is in the same place as last years spring recital  :-\ and that is not so good... because last year we weren't even playing on a piano... just on a keyboard with (a little) weighted keys and it was moving and shaking all the time  :-\ but well I hope it will be cool anyway!  :)

Oh and I'm taking care of one doggy during the holidays again ... she just came today. :)
And maybe my friend comes for a visit tomorrow. I'm talking sooo much again I don't even mean to...  :-\   ::) :)  :P  :P

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #284 on: February 24, 2011, 06:22:31 PM
I'm not doing very well  :(  :'(

Offline countrymath

• PS Silver Member
Reply #285 on: February 25, 2011, 06:11:49 PM
WHERE IS MY DRAWING??!!

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #286 on: February 26, 2011, 02:40:57 PM
Oh, do you mean the drawing of you? That I am supposed to make?

Offline countrymath

• PS Silver Member
Reply #287 on: February 27, 2011, 12:20:44 PM
Oh, do you mean the drawing of you? That I am supposed to make?

Yes  :'(

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #288 on: February 27, 2011, 09:04:35 PM
Yes  :'(
Oh ok... well I promise I'll try to make one as soon as I can  :) Do you want your lion to be in the drawing too?  :)  :P

Offline countrymath

• PS Silver Member
Reply #289 on: February 28, 2011, 02:48:08 AM
Sure  8)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #290 on: February 28, 2011, 01:41:09 PM
Ok :) I'll try it :)

I can't believe it but I got sick again today! I mean my dad got sick on Saturday so I guess I got it from him, but I thought I already had what he got, cause I was sick only 2 or 3 weeks ago!! But I guess it wasn't the same thing!   :-\ But I wanna go to music theory today anyway!!  ::)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #291 on: February 28, 2011, 05:27:04 PM
No my mum wouldn't let me go to music theroy  :'( Because I have a fever of 39,4 ° C (I don't know how much that is in the other measurement in F but over 102 I saw it in wikipedia). What if I miss something reaaaalllyyy important now!!?? Or I get worse at music dictations again? and then I fail my exam at the end of the year!?? Sorry I know I'm being a whiny baby now...  ::)  :P I mean I don't feel that bad! I was really like  :o when I saw how much fever I had! Oh well  :P

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #292 on: March 02, 2011, 03:52:08 PM
Oh I'm still sick!!! And today I can't go to my piano lesson  :'( Even though I only have a little fever now, but I look horrible, because my eyes are red cause I'm sneezing all the time and my nose and mouth are red and I am tired but I was hoping I could go anyway (cause it would be the last time before the recital!) And my mum called my teacher and asked her about what to do... but my teacher is REALLY afraid of getting sick and she said I played the Sonatina well already so I better stay home...  so....... yes I'm just home all the time this week... and yesterday I should have really gone to school because I should have asked my slovene teacher about the home reading and now I don't know how to do it!  ::) oh well... let's just hope I'm better till Saturday when it's my recital!

Oh and I just saw the program for Saturday's recital and it's kinda stupid because first I play the whole Sonatina (1st and 2nd movement) and then right after me another girl (who's with me at music theory) plays the same Sonatina only the 1st movement  :-\  (maybe they thought I would still be sick) Oh well whatever I guess :)

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #293 on: March 02, 2011, 08:00:57 PM
I feel pretty damned good today.

Just come back from the gym having showed the youngsters a thing or two.

Start with my personal trainer next week. She is really pretty :-*

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #294 on: March 03, 2011, 08:42:01 PM
Oh well..... there's really too many things now! I better not even start writing about all of them!! It just kinda seems like this year hasn't started all that great  :-\ I mean there are still some things that are great but there are some things that are really bad... so  :-\

Offline countrymath

• PS Silver Member
Reply #295 on: March 03, 2011, 11:35:42 PM
How sad, littletune.

My year started good. I will make a test this month, and if I do well, i will get a good job near my town :).

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #296 on: March 04, 2011, 04:51:52 AM
Unsaid goodbyes tend to weigh a person down much more than unspoken hellos, I think that must be a very difficult way to live.  With some hellos it's almost unimaginable for them to have never taken place, and I guess that can make the goodbyes much more difficult.  I wonder which one we each choose to avoid the most?  Hello, or goodbye?  And, maybe if we avoid hellos, it's because we're really avoiding goodbyes.
"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving"  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #297 on: March 04, 2011, 05:02:56 AM
I am listening to a CD that a student's Mother wanted me to listen to.  At first I resisted, but now I'm listening and I actually love it.  It's Joanna Newsom.  I can't remember the last time I have just sat down like this to listen to music, not to study it, not because I'm in the car and it's a good opportunity, but just because I want to.  It's really fun :).

And, tomorrow, I think I'm even going to go on a hike with my doggy.

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #298 on: March 04, 2011, 03:55:37 PM
How sad, littletune.

My year started good. I will make a test this month, and if I do well, i will get a good job near my town :).
Good luck with your test!  :)

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #299 on: March 07, 2011, 08:04:40 PM
I feel good today. I am pleased with my weight loss and am beginning to get my muscles back.

Look out girls, here I come.

Thal
Curator/Director
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert