Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Bach P&F in D min BK II - fast and furious unleash ;-)  (Read 8751 times)

Offline mkaykov

• PS Silver Member
Bach P&F in D min BK II - fast and furious unleash ;-)
on: January 10, 2009, 08:47:15 PM
I just learned this, and I will have to play it in April. Just a first shot, possibly not nearly where it should be. I would appreciate any feedback at all. 

Best,
Mikhail

Offline imbetter

• PS Silver Member
Re: Bach P&F in D min BK II - fast and furious unleash ;-)
Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 11:24:39 PM
I'm currently playing this piece. You play it very well I don't have any real complaints. Your ornamentation in the prelude is very well placed and tasteful. Your voicing was also great and the whole thing was very clear. If you play like this in your exams in April I'm sure you'll have a standing ovation.

good job!
"My advice to young musicians: Quit music! There is no choice. It has to be a calling, and even if it is and you think there's a choice, there is no choice"-Vladimir Feltsman

Offline kelly_kelly

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 12:22:18 AM
This has just become one of my favorite sets from WTC. Thanks for posting!
It all happens on Discworld, where greed and ignorance influence human behavior... and perfectly ordinary people occasionally act like raving idiots.

A world, in short, totally unlike our own.

Offline goldentone

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 07:25:13 AM
Great playing, Mikhail.  A real tour de force.  Your fast and precise technique reminds me of Pogorelich.  The fugue glistens with beauty.
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come

Offline mkaykov

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 07:03:57 PM
of course I won't be able to play the Prelude so fast at the exam...........my interpretation will be very different them. I will post my whole exam program around April..........

Thanks for all your comments!
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert