Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: IMPROVISATION #1  (Read 3571 times)

Offline will_danielsfff

• PS Silver Member
IMPROVISATION #1
on: January 15, 2009, 11:06:07 PM
This is my first post and first uploaded improvisation of many more to come. I will eventually upload recordings of classical repertoire as well. Enjoyyyyyyyyyyy

This was actually the first of three improvisations i did in one sitting (the other two are posted as IMPROVISATION #2 and IMPROVISATION #3). They are pseudo portraits of my Dad, Mom, and sister Rebekah.. just because they came to mind first O__o. This particular one: Dad.

Comment, critique, respond, i appreciate allll that.  ;D

Offline goldentone

• PS Silver Member
Re: IMPROVISATION #1
Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 07:29:53 AM
I really enjoyed your playing, but I almost stopped listening a few times because of the irritating commotion by the mic.  I hope you remedy that. 
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come

Offline will_danielsfff

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 04:20:20 PM
I really enjoyed your playing, but I almost stopped listening a few times because of the irritating commotion by the mic.  I hope you remedy that. 

Haha thanks for your input. yeah it's actually a handheld recorder with a built in mic and i usually have it in my pocket which causes the loud russling sounds. definitely gonna look for a better place for it.

Offline lontano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 10:42:41 PM
Haha thanks for your input. yeah it's actually a handheld recorder with a built in mic and i usually have it in my pocket which causes the loud russling sounds. definitely gonna look for a better place for it.

Ha! At first I thought it was an improvisation in the form of Musique-Contrete ;D

But once the piano appeared I understood and enjoyed it. At one time I had numerous improvisations on reel-2-reel, and cassette. Now I have just 4 left on one cassette and I need to learn how transfer them to digital form. :'(
...and she disappeared from view while playing the Agatha Christie Fugue...
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert