Piano Forum logo
July 23, 2014, 01:39:50 AM *
Welcome Guest!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest with limited access.
If you join our community, you will be able to access member-only sections and features.
Registration as a Silver Member is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join us for free here and receive a special welcome gift!
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Bach Project Takes Off from the Street: "Recording the 48"

Each of the two volumes of Bach’s Well-tempered Clavier contains one prelude and one fugue in every major and minor key. Often called “the 48”, or the “Old Testament” of piano music, it is perhaps the most important keyboard work of all time. The first stage of a new recording of the complete set by pianist Martin Sturfält is now available from Piano Street for listening and downloading; seven of the Preludes & Fugues from Book 1 as well as two from Book 2. Whatever you are doing at the moment, take a three minute break and refresh your mind with the free sample we offer of the Prelude and Fugue in E-flat from Book 2. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help me decorate my piano studio  (Read 1792 times)
thalberg
PS Silver Member

« on: March 26, 2009, 02:31:00 AM »

I have my own studio where I teach.  The piano is black, and I have some black bookshelves and a black couch.  The walls are white.  I have this picture of Beethoven hanging up:

http://www.allposters.com/gallery.asp?startat=/getposter.asp&APNum=382980&CID=4BAFE5948ED343599A0511652CED4718&PPID=1&search=beethoven&f=t&FindID=0&P=1&PP=8&sortby=PD&cname=&SearchID=

Now I have another wall that needs a painting or something.  I'm thinking something from the abstract art section:

http://www.allposters.com/gallery.asp?startat=/getthumb.asp&cid=4BAFE5948ED343599A0511652CED4718&sortby=&c=c&page=1&Search=956&parentpath=0-1013-956

Would anyone here be willing to offer me some suggestions for posters where the colors would coordinate with the Beethoven poster?  They will be on opposite ends of the room, but the colors should coordinate because it is a very small room!  Thanks in advance for your help.
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No
giannalinda
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 02:19:43 AM »

I have my own studio where I teach.  The piano is black, and I have some black bookshelves and a black couch.  The walls are white.  I have this picture of Beethoven hanging up:

http://www.allposters.com/gallery.asp?startat=/getposter.asp&APNum=382980&CID=4BAFE5948ED343599A0511652CED4718&PPID=1&search=beethoven&f=t&FindID=0&P=1&PP=8&sortby=PD&cname=&SearchID=

Now I have another wall that needs a painting or something.  I'm thinking something from the abstract art section:

http://www.allposters.com/gallery.asp?startat=/getthumb.asp&cid=4BAFE5948ED343599A0511652CED4718&sortby=&c=c&page=1&Search=956&parentpath=0-1013-956

Would anyone here be willing to offer me some suggestions for posters where the colors would coordinate with the Beethoven poster?  They will be on opposite ends of the room, but the colors should coordinate because it is a very small room!  Thanks in advance for your help.

id suggest getting some wall decals...get uummm maybe more decorations like statues..you know the like 5 inch ones that come in all different colors...also try going onto Music Treasures...They have some cute stuff...And try searching Vases...theres a music clef vase there...good luck

All the old members here I kno, uve been quite mean lately, even though I apologized so i would like to ask you to please if u dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all. Thank you.
thalberg
PS Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 02:27:18 PM »

Thanks!

The Man Who Died on Stage at Carnegie Hall

“Barere is an Anton Rubinstein in one hand and a Liszt in the other” said the famous composer Alexander Glazunov. But if you mention Simon Barere (1896-1951) to most people today, their response is “Simon Who”? Read more >>

giannalinda
PS Silver Member

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 08:53:11 PM »

Thanks!

Sure! Anytime! I love music stuff...and i love 2 decorate!

All the old members here I kno, uve been quite mean lately, even though I apologized so i would like to ask you to please if u dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all. Thank you.
concerto_love
PS Silver Member

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 01:57:42 PM »

Place a big poster of your favorite pianist to motivate practicing...  Grin Myself has many posters and small photos near my piano.

when dignity, love, and joy meet...

OMG, it's spa time!!! Grin
thalbergmad
PS Gold Member

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 02:13:07 PM »

Myself has many posters and small photos near my piano.

Me too.

I have Liszt on one side of my piano and Thalberg on the other.

I keep them at least 3 feet apart.

Thal

Michael Britchfield
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society
giannalinda
PS Silver Member

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2009, 03:47:54 PM »

Me too.

I have Liszt on one side of my piano and Thalberg on the other.

I keep them at least 3 feet apart.

Thal

i have beethoven,brahms,vivaldi,debussy, Chopin, Schubert, Mozart, Saint Saens, and Bach. they stare at me a lot...it feels like there like staring straight into my soul....spooky!

The Four Ballades by Chopin – New Urtext Edition

The Ballade or Ballad was originally a sung poem, recounting a myth or an historical event. The form, with its connotations of simple folkloric authenticity, became popular in literature with the rise of Romanticism; Chopin is usually credited with originating the genre for the piano. Piano Street has published a new urtext edition of the four Ballades by Frédéric Chopin. Read more >>

thalbergmad
PS Gold Member

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2009, 04:03:57 PM »

You have either got small photos or a big piano.

Thal

Michael Britchfield
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society
goldentone
PS Silver Member

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 05:31:04 AM »

In the Dillard's department store at the mall here they have a bust of Liszt, and Beethoven too, I believe.  They are quite large and have a copper-like finish.  Stately.  Someday I want to have busts like that in my sumptuous piano room. Smiley

It is time.
giannalinda
PS Silver Member

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2009, 02:26:52 PM »

You have either got small photos or a big piano.

Thal

big piano....its in one room all by itself so i have a buncha pics Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: