Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Help me decorate my piano studio  (Read 3849 times)

Offline thalberg

• PS Silver Member
Help me decorate my piano studio
on: March 26, 2009, 02:31:00 AM
I have my own studio where I teach.  The piano is black, and I have some black bookshelves and a black couch.  The walls are white.  I have this picture of Beethoven hanging up:

https://www.allposters.com/gallery.asp?startat=/getposter.asp&APNum=382980&CID=4BAFE5948ED343599A0511652CED4718&PPID=1&search=beethoven&f=t&FindID=0&P=1&PP=8&sortby=PD&cname=&SearchID=

Now I have another wall that needs a painting or something.  I'm thinking something from the abstract art section:

https://www.allposters.com/gallery.asp?startat=/getthumb.asp&cid=4BAFE5948ED343599A0511652CED4718&sortby=&c=c&page=1&Search=956&parentpath=0-1013-956

Would anyone here be willing to offer me some suggestions for posters where the colors would coordinate with the Beethoven poster?  They will be on opposite ends of the room, but the colors should coordinate because it is a very small room!  Thanks in advance for your help.

Offline giannalinda

• PS Silver Member
Re: Help me decorate my piano studio
Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 02:19:43 AM
I have my own studio where I teach.  The piano is black, and I have some black bookshelves and a black couch.  The walls are white.  I have this picture of Beethoven hanging up:

https://www.allposters.com/gallery.asp?startat=/getposter.asp&APNum=382980&CID=4BAFE5948ED343599A0511652CED4718&PPID=1&search=beethoven&f=t&FindID=0&P=1&PP=8&sortby=PD&cname=&SearchID=

Now I have another wall that needs a painting or something.  I'm thinking something from the abstract art section:

https://www.allposters.com/gallery.asp?startat=/getthumb.asp&cid=4BAFE5948ED343599A0511652CED4718&sortby=&c=c&page=1&Search=956&parentpath=0-1013-956

Would anyone here be willing to offer me some suggestions for posters where the colors would coordinate with the Beethoven poster?  They will be on opposite ends of the room, but the colors should coordinate because it is a very small room!  Thanks in advance for your help.

id suggest getting some wall decals...get uummm maybe more decorations like statues..you know the like 5 inch ones that come in all different colors...also try going onto Music Treasures...They have some cute stuff...And try searching Vases...theres a music clef vase there...good luck
All the old members here I kno, uve been quite mean lately, even though I apologized so i would like to ask you to please if u dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all. Thank you.

Offline thalberg

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 02:27:18 PM
Thanks!

Offline giannalinda

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 08:53:11 PM
Thanks!

Sure! Anytime! I love music stuff...and i love 2 decorate!
All the old members here I kno, uve been quite mean lately, even though I apologized so i would like to ask you to please if u dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all. Thank you.

Offline concerto_love

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 01:57:42 PM
Place a big poster of your favorite pianist to motivate practicing...  ;D Myself has many posters and small photos near my piano.
when dignity, love, and joy meet...

OMG, it's spa time!!! ;D

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 02:13:07 PM
Myself has many posters and small photos near my piano.

Me too.

I have Liszt on one side of my piano and Thalberg on the other.

I keep them at least 3 feet apart.

Thal
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline giannalinda

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: April 12, 2009, 03:47:54 PM
Me too.

I have Liszt on one side of my piano and Thalberg on the other.

I keep them at least 3 feet apart.

Thal

i have beethoven,brahms,vivaldi,debussy, Chopin, Schubert, Mozart, Saint Saens, and Bach. they stare at me a lot...it feels like there like staring straight into my soul....spooky!

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: April 12, 2009, 04:03:57 PM
You have either got small photos or a big piano.

Thal
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline goldentone

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 05:31:04 AM
In the Dillard's department store at the mall here they have a bust of Liszt, and Beethoven too, I believe.  They are quite large and have a copper-like finish.  Stately.  Someday I want to have busts like that in my sumptuous piano room. :)
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come

Offline giannalinda

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9 on: April 14, 2009, 02:26:52 PM
You have either got small photos or a big piano.

Thal

big piano....its in one room all by itself so i have a buncha pics ;D
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert