Piano Forum

Topic: Bach: Prelude and Fugue No. 12 in F Minor, WTC II  (Read 12868 times)

Offline kelly_kelly

• PS Silver Member
Bach: Prelude and Fugue No. 12 in F Minor, WTC II
on: September 01, 2009, 12:51:35 PM
This is one of the pieces I'm working on for my ABRSM exam in November. I know it should be a lot better, but I've played very little for the past two months, and I'm just getting on track again. There's a big pause in the prelude for a page turn, and probably some other pauses/stumbles that I don't remember. I would really appreciate comments and suggestions!
It all happens on Discworld, where greed and ignorance influence human behavior... and perfectly ordinary people occasionally act like raving idiots.

A world, in short, totally unlike our own.

Offline zheer

• PS Silver Member
Re: Bach: Prelude and Fugue No. 12 in F Minor, WTC II
Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 08:02:32 PM
You play this really well, definitely if you carry on playing the piano you'll be really much better than most.

Good luck.
" Nothing ends nicely, that's why it ends" - Tom Cruise -

Offline slobone

• PS Silver Member
Re: Bach: Prelude and Fugue No. 12 in F Minor, WTC II
Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 11:55:36 PM
I don't especially care for the retards you do in the Prelude. I hope they're not in the edition you're using! Also I think the staccatos would sound better half-staccato. But other than that, good start. Try to keep a "bouncy" rhythm even at this tempo. buh-BUH-da, buh-BUH-da...

The fugue I thought was quite good.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert