Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Eleanors Lullaby - Improv  (Read 4579 times)

Offline chopinatic

• PS Silver Member
Eleanors Lullaby - Improv
on: November 29, 2009, 04:45:57 PM
A Improvised Lullaby for my Daughter Ellie.

Its a little messy in some places (like most my improvs :D)

I hope you enjoy

Please comment!

Chopinatic

Offline furtwaengler

• PS Silver Member
Re: Eleanors Lullaby - Improv
Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 05:55:20 PM
I didn't know that an improvisation could be messy - how often is it that a mistake can be used to explore new worlds...a mistake redirected cancels out the mistake if your fast on your feet, sometimes with an effect greater than the original intent! That's a perspective, and of course I know it's never always true.

But here? No, I find nothing messy here. This is all very well and soothing and beautiful; I'd not change a thing if I had to. I'll bet Ellie thinks proud of her Daddy as he clearly thinks of his Daughter.  :)
Don't let anyone know where you tie your goat.

Offline chopinatic

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 06:29:35 PM

But here? No, I find nothing messy here. This is all very well and soothing and beautiful; I'd not change a thing if I had to. I'll bet Ellie thinks proud of her Daddy as he clearly thinks of his Daughter.  :)

Thanks for your really nice message Furtwaengler.

Your very right about mistakes, they can give room for change and growth.

I am very proud of her :) Just starting to walk!!

Thanks

Offline chopinatic

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 10:51:36 PM
Thanks for your really nice message Furtwaengler.

Your very right about mistakes, they can give room for change and growth.

I am very proud of her :) Just starting to walk!!

Thanks

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 08:16:29 AM
Lullabies are a really fascinating subject, aren't they? :)
I think I heard another one for Ellie from you a while ago. Somehow I associate the excursions you are taking in your music with the excursions that your little discoverer is going to undertake. Very fine and loving playing!  :)

Offline chopinatic

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: December 13, 2009, 08:41:23 AM
Lullabies are a really fascinating subject, aren't they? :)
I think I heard another one for Ellie from you a while ago. Somehow I associate the excursions you are taking in your music with the excursions that your little discoverer is going to undertake. Very fine and loving playing!  :)

Thanks wolfi,

Yes, i wanted the piece to develop like her, something that i could see her exploring too! like a theme song!

I cant believe shes walking now! :D

Thanks for your comment

Offline goldentone

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 08:19:01 AM
I'll take your definition of messy, Chopinatic.  This is beautiful, and a very good improv.
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come

Offline chopinatic

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 01:12:06 PM
I'll take your definition of messy, Chopinatic.  This is beautiful, and a very good improv.

Thanks for your comment Goldentone :D

Offline angelislayer

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 06:54:41 PM
I don't get a chance to get on very often or post for that matter. I love this forum. I have gone back to do some listening in my free time and I must say that your works are very inspiring. Your improvs flow so smooth and are rich with melodic content. They are overflowing with emotional ideas and are easy to connect with. I enjoy your music. You are an inspiring talent in this forum. Thank you.

Offline chopinatic

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9 on: December 30, 2009, 07:47:43 PM
I don't get a chance to get on very often or post for that matter. I love this forum. I have gone back to do some listening in my free time and I must say that your works are very inspiring. Your improvs flow so smooth and are rich with melodic content. They are overflowing with emotional ideas and are easy to connect with. I enjoy your music. You are an inspiring talent in this forum. Thank you.

Thankyou Angelislayer,

Thats a very nice comment, it made my day :)  There are many talented improvisers in this forum and its good that you are listening. I often listen to them, they can give me inspirations. Improvisations are capturing a moment, they are raw.

Thanks for your comment

Chopinatic
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert