Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Why do so many think the Schumann concerto sucks?  (Read 29238 times)

Offline malwambi

• PS Silver Member
Why do so many think the Schumann concerto sucks?
on: March 17, 2010, 04:52:59 AM
Even those who like Schumann still think his concerto is lousy. 

Why? 

I just don't get it.  I don't particularly like or dislike his concerto, but why is it so popular if it sucks so bad?

Offline horowitzian

• PS Silver Member
Re: Why do so many think the Schumann concerto sucks?
Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 05:59:02 AM
My guess would be because it really is overplayed. It is rather easy to develop a distaste for music that is simply played too much, e.g. Für Elise, Fantasie Impromptu, etc.

Offline john11inc

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 08:36:34 AM
The same reason so many people dislike the Bruch Violin Concerto, despite it getting played constantly.  It's trashy; popular with common audiences, not so much with serious music listeners.
If this work is so threatening, it is not because it's simply strange, but competent, rigorously argued and carrying conviction.

-Jacques Derrida

https://www.youtube.com/user/john11inch

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 09:37:34 AM
The same reason so many people dislike the Bruch Violin Concerto, despite it getting played constantly.  It's trashy; popular with common audiences, not so much with serious music listeners.
I wouldn't go as far as to use the term "trashy", although it is undoubtedly Schumann at far below his best and, boy, is it repetititititive! - especially that galumphing finale. The middle movement seems to be the most redeemable of its three but, even here, it seems (to me, at least) rather vapid and lacking in any of the real depth of which Schumann was elsewhere capable. The Bruch FIRST violin concerto (! - that says it all, really, does it not? - people call it that in spite of his having composed three of them) strikes me as a rather better work than the Schumann piano concerto, although his other two violin concertos are somewhat more interesting; that said, I cannot help but feel that Bruch always ultimately ends up providing the impression of a kind of "I-wish-I-were-Brahms-but-I'm-not" composer. But it is the Schumann concerto that is the topic here and, if one compares it to his Études Symphoniques or any of his best multi-movement works such as the Piano Quintet and the Fantaisie, the sheer dull emptiness of much of the concerto becomes all too uncomfortably apparent. Constantly having it performed does it no favours at all - indeed, to some, it has the very opposite effect.

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline argerichfan

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 03:58:49 PM
I just don't get it.  I don't particularly like or dislike his concerto, but why is it so popular if it sucks so bad?
What I don't get is why that magnificent Introduction & Allegro Op. 134 is so unaccountably neglected!  I cannot recall the last time I saw it on a program, and it doesn't pop up on the radio very often.

Otherwise, I've never been particularly bothered by the concerto's popularity.  It certainly wouldn't influence a decision to attend a concert, unless, of course, it featured Ms. Argerich.  But you have to admit- there are some good tunes, the piano writing is fluent, and it makes a nice impression on the ear.  I can certainly understand its popularity.   (And I don't mean to be damning with faint praise!)

Offline stevebob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 04:17:17 PM
What I don't get is why that magnificent Introduction & Allegro Op. 134 is so unaccountably neglected!  I cannot recall the last time I saw it on a program, and it doesn't pop up on the radio very often.

Well, you know what Friskin and Freundlich (in Music for the Piano) had to say about that:  "A labored product of Schumann's declining powers, with little of his real quality."

Of course, I don't agree!  I just think that's a fascinating comment (and an equally captivating commentary on how subjective such statements are).

Do opinions like that one reflect reality, or do they shape it?  A piece is underplayed because it's assumed to be bad, while simultaneously assumed to be bad because it's underplayed—and people who wish to hear it and decide for themselves really have to make an effort to do so.  Sometimes it's well worth it.  :)
What passes you ain't for you.

Offline jbmorel78

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 04:25:38 PM
Even those who like Schumann still think his concerto is lousy. 

Why? 

Setting aside the issue of whether or not popularity and quality are related...

I believe it to be largely a matter of ignorance and superficiality.  Anyone who would use the word "suck(s)" with regard to a piece such as this is not worth being taken seriously.  We may find things repetitive, uninspired, awkwardly constructed, unimaginative, monochromatic, and so forth, but to speak about a staple of the repertoire in such blunt and crude terms is idiotic.

JBM

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 04:27:39 PM
Argerich sure loves it. :P

Offline stucoy

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 05:07:32 PM
Argerich sure loves it. :P

I love her. Of course, I have the recording made when she was 11, and it is of course, astonishing.

Offline malwambi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 07:08:41 PM
Setting aside the issue of whether or not popularity and quality are related...

I believe it to be largely a matter of ignorance and superficiality.  Anyone who would use the word "suck(s)" with regard to a piece such as this is not worth being taken seriously.  We may find things repetitive, uninspired, awkwardly constructed, unimaginative, monochromatic, and so forth, but to speak about a staple of the repertoire in such blunt and crude terms is idiotic.

JBM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Oh my goodness! 

That just made my day.

HAHAAHAHAHAAA!!

"Crude!"  "Idiotic!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Wow. 

Offline vviola

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10 on: March 17, 2010, 07:12:27 PM
It was written by Schumman. He composed Träumerei.

Offline stevebob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11 on: March 17, 2010, 07:17:30 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Oh my goodness! 

That just made my day.

HAHAAHAHAHAAA!!

"Crude!"  "Idiotic!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Wow. 

???

I'm confused!   (I can't tell whether you agree with JBM or not.)

But coincidentally, a thread was started today in the "Anything but piano" subforum called The most idiotic statements you've ever heard?
What passes you ain't for you.

Offline slow_concert_pianist

• PS Silver Member
Reply #12 on: March 18, 2010, 03:26:21 AM
The Schumann 3rd movement is enormously challenging because of the integration between piano and orchestra. There are an extremely high number of poor interpretations of that concerto, thus.

Jealousy and malice are poor cousins I'm told. Can any of you play the Schumann concerto as the composer has instructed?
Currently rehearsing:

Chopin Ballades (all)
Rachmaninov prelude in Bb Op 23 No 2
Mozart A minor sonata K310
Prokofiev 2nd sonata
Bach WTCII no 6
Busoni tr Bach toccata in D minor

Offline weissenberg2

• PS Silver Member
Reply #13 on: March 18, 2010, 11:13:39 AM
I agree it can get repetitive, but it is not a bad piece. It is not one of his best pieces, but it is a good concerto.

And plenty of serious music listeners do like it, there is a reason why many musicians play it...
"A true friend is one who likes you despite your achievements." - Arnold Bennett

Offline richard black

• PS Silver Member
Reply #14 on: March 18, 2010, 11:29:19 AM
Some like it, some don't. Some on either side choose to justify their position by getting awful snobbish about the opposing party. The simple fact is, however, that if you don't like it you don't have to go and hear it, or play it, and if you do like it there are plenty of recordings and performances to enjoy.

So both sides win, and as a side-effect we get some intermittently amusing correspondence on PS about it. Hurrah!
Instrumentalists are all wannabe singers. Discuss.

Offline orangesodaking

• PS Silver Member
Reply #15 on: March 18, 2010, 10:41:56 PM
Do opinions like that one reflect reality, or do they shape it?  A piece is underplayed because it's assumed to be bad, while simultaneously assumed to be bad because it's underplayed—and people who wish to hear it and decide for themselves really have to make an effort to do so.  Sometimes it's well worth it.  :)

Stevebob, you are totally right! Also, I like Schumann's Concerto.

Offline liordavid

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16 on: March 19, 2010, 12:51:41 AM
The thing about the piece is so many people think that it is easier then much of his other repetoire in the 1st movement which is the movement that i think is most repetetive. the 3rd movement kicks in

Offline furtwaengler

• PS Silver Member
Reply #17 on: March 19, 2010, 03:48:57 AM
I love Schumann. His concerto has often suffered because of certain approaches...the accepted performance practice is outstandingly stale and limiting. My favorite recording, or I should say *the* performance I adore is the broadcast of March 1942, Walter Gieseking with the Berlin Philharmonic, hanging on for dear life, clinging to Wilhelm Furtwängler's extreme, exaggerated, overwhelming, over-the-top, over-everything conception...probably a once in a lifetime of the composition performance. Furtwängler overpowers the piece with his personality; it is anything but "restrained romanticism." It is the very embodiment of the romantic spirit at the hands of a possessed genius amongst the tragic volatility of Hitler's Germany, which Furtwängler vehemently opposed.

Nobody else has done such with Schumann, save Sviatoslav Richter...a live performance of the Fantaisie from 1948, and oh my, the most phenomenal Dichterliebe *in Russian* with **Nina Dorliac**! But Furtwängler...1st Symphony++, Piano Concerto+, 4th Symphony++++.

Schumann is actually one of the most important composers in my life, language wise, influence wise. (This post will serve also as a reply to malwambi's other Schumann thread. Richter. Furtwängler. Try it, people!)

(Oh and concerning the concerto, Radu Lupu was probably the turning point in my understanding).    
(Also Enescu playing the 2nd violin sonata, Szeryng playing the violin concerto...this is a very performer/recording related post.)
Don't let anyone know where you tie your goat.

Offline teccomin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #18 on: May 09, 2010, 03:54:26 AM
I always tend to develop distaste for overplayed music. Its probably the same happening with Schumann. But to be honest, it didn't quite impress me the first time i hear it either. It has notes all over the place, it doesn't seem to tell a story. I hate Tchaik too, but only subjectively.

Offline carrot_cake

• PS Silver Member
Reply #19 on: May 21, 2010, 12:40:14 PM
really, i quite enjoy playing it. especially the cadenza at the end of the first movement, great fun!

Offline redbaron

Reply #20 on: December 31, 2010, 11:45:50 AM
The first movement of the Schumann concerto is possibly my favourite piano concerto movement (I would go for Rimsky-Korsakov's piano concerto but it's in single movement form) which is ironic considering that I find the overwhelming majority of Schumann's piano music to be utter bilge and I'm not that keen on concerti in general.

Offline pianist1976

• PS Silver Member
Reply #21 on: December 31, 2010, 12:24:16 PM
Why do so many think the Schumann concerto sucks?

"Who" are these so many? I want names :D

Offline john11inc

• PS Silver Member
Reply #22 on: December 31, 2010, 01:18:40 PM

To speak of speaking in such blunt and crude terms as "idiotic" is idiotic.  Pardon my irony.
If this work is so threatening, it is not because it's simply strange, but competent, rigorously argued and carrying conviction.

-Jacques Derrida

https://www.youtube.com/user/john11inch

Offline musichristina

• PS Silver Member
Reply #23 on: January 09, 2011, 06:21:10 AM
WHAT!! THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS! I LOVE THIS CONCERTO. AND I LOVE SCHUMANN IN GENERAL. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 I seem to have an affinity with Schumann (along with Beethoven), mainly because our personalities are so similar. I master the artistry in his pieces so much faster than when playing any other composer's pieces... ANYWAY, anyone who dislikes it probably just heard a very poor performance of it. I find it impossible to dislike a piece if I hear a performance or recording of it that makes me feel emotions that cannot be described accurately with words, and of course, drift off into lala land. :)
Current Repertoire:<br />Grieg Concerto, Beethoven Sonata Op. 7, Bach WTC g minor P&F Book 1, Schumann Faschingsschwank aus Wien, Copland Passacaglia, Chopin Etude Op. 25 No. 12, Chopin Ballade No. 2

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #24 on: January 09, 2011, 09:10:00 AM
Tocca a te, Thal!

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #25 on: January 09, 2011, 12:21:34 PM
Chords: bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang.

The opening is the only part of minor interest. The rest is pure trash.

But what would one expect from Schumann?. Rubbish pianist, even worse critic and average composer at best.

Thal
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #26 on: January 09, 2011, 04:24:18 PM

But what would one expect from Schumann?. Rubbish pianist, even worse critic and average composer at best.
That is a nonsense assessment of Schumann the composer (I cannot speak about the qualities of Schumann the pianist as I'm not quite old enough to have heard him play); his piano concerto has its occasional engaging moments, but they are, to me, few and far between and the entire work adds up to a piece of nothing much at all compared to the best of which Schumann was capable. The finale was surely designed to irritate more than to do anything else - but Schumann did things vastly superior to this concerto and what most annoys me about people's view of it is that it gets to be taken (perhaps in part because of its immense popularity) as illustrative and typical of Schumann's compositional gifts rather than as the largely rather unfortunate side-issue that it was and is amongst his work as a whole.

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #27 on: January 09, 2011, 05:07:53 PM
That is a nonsense assessment of Schumann the composer

It was an assessment of the concerto.

Thought that was evident considering the thread title.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #28 on: January 09, 2011, 06:05:39 PM
It was an assessment of the concerto.

Thought that was evident considering the thread title.
Then you thought wrong. If that was all that your "assessment" was intended to be, one might well ask why you included in it the observation "but what would one expect from Schumann?...rubbish pianist, even worse critic and average composer at best", which was surely intended to convey the view that the concerto is in fact typical of those things of which Schumann was capable, whereas its shortcomings demonstrate that it is well less than that.

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline richterfan1

• PS Silver Member
Reply #29 on: January 09, 2011, 07:25:46 PM
that concerto is Great!!! >:(

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #30 on: January 09, 2011, 07:27:44 PM
Then you thought wrong. If that was all that your "assessment" was intended to be, one might well ask why you included in it the observation "but what would one expect from Schumann?...rubbish pianist, even worse critic and average composer at best", which was surely intended to convey the view that the concerto is in fact typical of those things of which Schumann was capable, whereas its shortcomings demonstrate that it is well less than that.

Very well, have it your own way.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline orangesodaking

• PS Silver Member
Reply #31 on: January 09, 2011, 09:17:26 PM
When I first started working on it, I had no idea how popular it was, but I liked what I was hearing/playing. After a while, I started to shy away from it because of its popularity, but recently, I listened to a recording of Radu Lupu playing it and enjoyed it. My teacher is performing it with our city's orchestra next week, so I'm going to go watch him.

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #32 on: January 09, 2011, 09:24:33 PM
Very well, have it your own way.
It's not my "own way" that I'm promoting or seeking to establish here; I'm merely seeking to draw attention to the fact that you were rubbishing Schumann in general as though his work as a whole was pretty much on a level with his piano concerto, which it most certainly was not. Don't you have anything to say in response to that? After all, it was your comment that prompted me to write as I did...

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #33 on: January 09, 2011, 09:56:04 PM
Don't you have anything to say in response to that?

At this exact moment in time, I don't.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #34 on: January 10, 2011, 08:40:24 AM
At this exact moment in time, I don't.
Well, no doubt we'll all look forward to your doing so at some other moment in time.

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline camstrings

• PS Silver Member
Reply #35 on: January 10, 2011, 03:38:25 PM
Just listened to Krystian Zimerman's recording of this & it made me wonder what there is not to like!
Tempos are similar to Kissin's live recording, with a more "chiselled" feel. And the Grieg on the same disc is similarly finely played & recorded. Karajan conducts Berlin Phil. on both.

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #36 on: January 10, 2011, 04:53:48 PM
Just listened to Krystian Zimerman's recording of this & it made me wonder what there is not to like!
Tempos are similar to Kissin's live recording, with a more "chiselled" feel. And the Grieg on the same disc is similarly finely played & recorded. Karajan conducts Berlin Phil. on both.
There is no shortage of fine recorded performances of the work out there, no small proportion of them coupled with the Grieg concerto in the same key, but I cannot help wondering if the two rather deserve one another's company, each being a concerto in A minor that is considerably weaker than much other works by its composer, especially in Schumann's case.

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline argerichfan

• PS Silver Member
Reply #37 on: January 10, 2011, 05:34:40 PM
Well I see that this thread is enjoying a renaissance of sorts.

OSK, let us know how your teacher's performance goes... 

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #38 on: January 10, 2011, 06:16:46 PM
Whose teacher and what performance?   

OSK?

*****   OSK   On Screen Keyboard   
***   OSK   Optical Society of Korea (South Korea)   
***   OSK   One Shot Kill (gaming clan)   
**   OSK   Osaka Shosen Kaisha (Japanese shipping line)   
*   OSK   Old School Killas (online gaming)   
*   OSK   Oslo Seilflyklubb (Norwegian: Oslo Gliding Club)   

Offline kelly_kelly

• PS Silver Member
Reply #39 on: January 10, 2011, 06:43:55 PM
Whose teacher and what performance?   

OSK?

*****   OSK   On Screen Keyboard   
***   OSK   Optical Society of Korea (South Korea)   
***   OSK   One Shot Kill (gaming clan)   
**   OSK   Osaka Shosen Kaisha (Japanese shipping line)   
*   OSK   Old School Killas (online gaming)   
*   OSK   Oslo Seilflyklubb (Norwegian: Oslo Gliding Club)   

OSK = orangesodaking  :)

On the topic of Schumann, I have to say I'm not a fan of the concerto as a work, but there are performances of it which I found enjoyable and impressive for the skill of the performers, if not the quality of the composition. And Bruch's First Violin concerto certainly does not deserve to be compared to it!
It all happens on Discworld, where greed and ignorance influence human behavior... and perfectly ordinary people occasionally act like raving idiots.

A world, in short, totally unlike our own.

Offline cmg

• PS Silver Member
Reply #40 on: January 10, 2011, 08:10:11 PM

Thal

That's hysterical and pure, unadulterated Thal!  But the quote of the opening is short some "bangs," isnt it?  It should be: bang/Banngg! bang/bang, bang/bang, bang/bang, bang/bang, bang/bang, bang/bang . . Bang! Bang!!  Stupid opening and I really can't vouch for the rest of the piece, heard it too often and played it for too many years.  I must say, however, the first-movement development is tedious, annoying and a completely joyless experience to play.  Schumann definitely wrote better stuff.

I once heard a famous Texas pianist, who can't be named, at a party with Shura Cherkassky, asking Shura what concerto he would be playing the next night:  "The Schumann," Shura said with reverence.  The pianist snorted:  "Ah yesss, the f**king Schumann Concerto!"  He got a round of applause.
Current repertoire:  "Come to Jesus" (in whole-notes)

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #41 on: January 10, 2011, 08:38:40 PM
But the quote of the opening is short one "bang," isnt it?  It should be: bang/bang, bang/bang, bang/bang, bang/bang, bang/bang . . Bang! Bang!! 

I stand corrected Sir. I am indeed one bang short.

I listened to this concerto again last night and almost died of tedium. Then I listened to the Winding concerto and all was well again.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #42 on: January 10, 2011, 09:19:19 PM
but I cannot help wondering if the two rather deserve one another's company

I think they do deserve each other.

For some strange reason, I can tolerate the Grieg much more when I am driving through the Scottish Highlands, but then it is only really the slow movement.

The only time I can appreciate the Schumann is when I am trying to force a turd.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #43 on: January 10, 2011, 09:21:04 PM
I stand corrected Sir. I am indeed one bang short.
I couldn't possibly comment!

I listened to this concerto again last night and almost died of tedium.
Why? - I mean, why did you subject yourself to it yet again?

Then I listened to the Winding concerto and all was well again.
Winding up, presumably...

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #44 on: January 10, 2011, 09:25:10 PM
I think they do deserve each other.

For some strange reason, I can tolerate the Grieg much more when I am driving through the Scottish Highlands, but then it is only really the slow movement.

The only time I can appreciate the Schumann is when I am trying to force a turd.
To do what? Oh, I see. The "slow movement" again, presumably? Your remark here seems somehow to paraphrase the infamous one made by Reger (who was himself influenced by Schumann in no small degree) about being in the smallest room of his house with a critic's negative review of the première of one of his quartets before him that would shortly be behind him, other than for the rather obvious (if unpleasant to relate) instance of your constipatory reference here.

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline argerichfan

• PS Silver Member
Reply #45 on: January 10, 2011, 09:25:34 PM
  It should be: bang/Banngg! bang/bang, bang/bang, bang/bang, bang/bang, bang/bang, bang/bang . . Bang! Bang!! 
;D   ;D   ;D

Thanks, now I don't have to go home and listen to it! 

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #46 on: January 10, 2011, 09:59:53 PM
Why? - I mean, why did you subject yourself to it yet again?

Because there are that many recordings and that many people who like it, that I have to convince myself every now and again that it is refuse of the worst kind.

Why, why, why, oh bloody why are there so many recordings?. Is it because it is a safe choice and is not difficult for pianist and orchestra?

Status Quo had more imagination than Schumann did in the last movement of this bilge.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #47 on: January 10, 2011, 11:01:25 PM
Because there are that many recordings and that many people who like it, that I have to convince myself every now and again that it is refuse of the worst kind.
Well, Thal, that demonstrates to anyone here that doesn't fully understand that you have the patience and the willingness to have another go at something like this - good for you! It isn't "refuse of the wrost kind", but it is certainly eleventh-rate Schumann, to my mind. Not even Argerich persuades me otherwise!

Why, why, why, oh bloody why are there so many recordings?. Is it because it is a safe choice and is not difficult for pianist and orchestra?
I rather suspect that you may well have answered your own question here - and correctly, at that.

Status Quo had more imagination than Schumann did in the last movement of this bilge.
I'm not about to comment on that comparison, but I do agree that the finale of the Schumann piano concerto is the worst - and the most irritating - of its three movements by quite some distance.

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline redbaron

Reply #48 on: January 11, 2011, 11:14:14 AM
If it's good enough for Argerich then it's good enough for me.

Offline cmg

• PS Silver Member
Reply #49 on: January 11, 2011, 04:18:07 PM
If it's good enough for Argerich then it's good enough for me.

Well, Martha probably was sight-reading it at age 6 and had it memorized just from that one, first read-through, so she didn't have to practice and practice and practice, and live with the damned thing's innumerable annoyances the way we mere mortals have had to.
Current repertoire:  "Come to Jesus" (in whole-notes)
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert