Piano Forum

Lucas Debargue - A Matter of Life or Death
Pianist Lucas Debargue recently recorded the complete piano works of Gabriel Fauré on the Opus 102, a very special grand piano by Stephen Paulello. Eric Schoones from the German/Dutch magazine PIANIST had a conversation with him. Read more >>

Topic: I'd love to to see someone's RH fingering for Goldberg Variation 6  (Read 5778 times)

Offline dtmowns

• PS Silver Member
Hello, I am having trouble with the RH part of the 2nd Canon, I would be eternally greatful if someone sent me their RH fingering for the first Half.

Thanks

Offline thalberg

• PS Silver Member
I struggled with that a lot myself when I played the Goldberg Variations. 

I'd recommend the fingerings in the Henle edition.  They are perfect.  The bottom voice is easy, but the top voice involves crossing 5 under 3, and crossing 5 under 4 a lot.  So the top voice would be like 54354 or 54545....that sort of thing.  Sorry my score is over at my studio and I am not there right now.  But get your hands on a Henle edition....it's great.

Offline dtmowns

• PS Silver Member

Thanks

If you get the chance Id love to know the henle fingerings, I have pretty much every other edition of the goldberg and I dont particularly want to buy another just for this variation if I don't have to.

Offline jamaicaway

• PS Gold Member
Hi,
Did you get a good answer to this? I have my own fingerings for all of the Goldberg variations. (And I have the Henle edition, but unfortunately not where I am living currently.)
Norman

Offline dtmowns

• PS Silver Member
I'm always interested in seeing other peoples fingerings!
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert